May 31, 2011

What I'm Wearing...

Shirt - Express, Jeans - Old Navy, Shoes - Tory Burch, Belt - Limited, Sunglasses - Chanel, Earrings - Express, Bracelet - House of Harlow
I'm pretty sure this is a first on the blog. I wore this outfit, uploaded the pictures the next day, hated every single one, put the outfit back on and took the pictures again. I can think of one other time that I uploaded the pictures, the outfit just looked wrong, so I scrapped it and never posted it. But I don't think I've ever taken the pictures again. I'm typically far too lazy to go to that kind of effort. This time I had hit a trifecta of frustration - I was mad at the shirt (2nd time I've tried this and I still didn't love it), the camera (it's a point and shoot but it's supposed to auto-focus - why are so many of the pictures blurry?!) and Jared (seeing as he took the pictures, I hold him responsible). I'm still frustrated with the shirt. I'd like a nicer camera at some point. I didn't change the locks the next day when Jared went to work. 
I wore this on May 21 which was 1) 7 years that Jared and I have been together 2) the day the world was supposedly ending.  I don't really acknowledge the "dating" anniversary now that we're married but like I said on Twitter a lot of people acted like the world was ending when we started dating so I found it pretty amusing the apocalypse was supposed to come on that day. 
I'm pretty sure I have a warped sense of humor. Oh well.


Go enter the Towne & Reese giveaway! Today is the last day :)

20 comments:

Miss Caitlin S. said...

sorry you struggled with the outfit, I think it looks cute. That's hilarious you put the clothes back on, ahah, ohh the secret life of bloggers.

this free bird said...

I love the admission of tossing them back on for round two. I haven't done it...been tempted too, but hoped for the apocalypse instead. Sadly, no dice.

I'm having a shot of liquor and going to bed. Today was a doozy. Wait til i get 2 seconds to write about it. Fasten seat belts.

Speaking of belts - I love yours. Belt-aholic in the house.

xo,
C

Josie said...

Those jeans look phenom on you, Katie!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Jewellery Bijou said...

I am your new follower!I would really appreciate if you could follow me back!
jewellerybijou.com

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Really? I like the shirt and the belt is a great touch.

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Closet Fashionista said...

Love that bracelet!! And UGH! I hate when everything goes wrong with pictures...sooo annoying :p I'm glad you decided to take them again :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Courtney Erin said...

Isn't it just the most frustrating thing when your photos don't work? Regardless of how the first set came out you look super cute in the re-shot ones (I really like the neckline detail on the top).

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Jess said...

I think you look great! And I hear you on the new camera. I SO want an SLR camera, but having a hard time dropping that much on a camera.... Ugh.

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

I love that belt. I really need a wide belt. Been thinking that for weeks now!

Isabel said...

i love the accessories as always!

Megan said...

i think the outfit looks cute! and that greyish color can wash out some people, but it does well on your skin! hope u had a nice weekend

Bonnie said...

Admitting that you hated all of the pictures and put the outfit back on for round two makes you that much more of a rockstar.
I love this outfit. The way you belted the shirt makes it even more awesome.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Jess said...

Love the jewelry! Hope you had a good weekend helping your sister!

Torrie said...

Ryan & I had a "picture issue" yesterday. I wanted him to take a picture of my new haircut (since a few readers have asked to see it). NOT good. And it is a "good" camera :). And last night- out of my mouth were these words, "Other people don't have this issue."

I stand corrected =). (but I won't tell him that)

Krystal said...

i need to learn how to rock the belt look better!

la petite coquine said...

I love your warped sense of humor, and that you were so doggone determined to get a shot of this outfit! I love that top, but I know what you mean-it ain't easy!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I'm surprised that you didn't like the outfit. I think it looks great. And loving the jewelry too. You have such great taste :)

Kavery said...

Bloggers, eh? We do what we have to for the right shot. I think you succeeded in getting it.

LyddieGal said...

I've done that once or twice - I figure every outfit deserves at least once decent photo!

Love your accessories - that bracelet is so pretty!

Chic on the Cheap

Jenny said...

Oh my gosh, I hate when pictures don't work (I went through that this morning). I like the shirt on you! What's the nail polish you are wearing, it looks almost golden.