June 10, 2011

Friend Friday - Summer Trends

Friend Friday
The Fashion Beauty Friend Friday group was created by Katy over at Modly ChicEvery week Katy puts together a set of questions and on Friday if you want to participate, you answer them on your blog and link back up at Modly Chic
weheartit
What are the top 5 Summer trends that you are looking forward to wearing this season?
1. Yellow nail polish - I became obsessed with this in January. It screams summer and is so much more wearable than most people think. It'll be hard not to keep Chanel Mimosa on my nails constantly.
2. Wide leg jeans -  I don't guess it's particularly summery, but I love that wide legs are back. I'm sure it'll last though the summer so, even better.
3. Feather extensions - Feather hair extensions seem so over the top yet they don't look that way. They can be subtle, and fun, and not nearly as in your face as you'd expect. I'll probably mention them, oh, 20 more times because I'm OBSESSED with mine.
4. Stripes - I think it was my April magazines, but stripes were all over every single editorial. Everywhere! Tops, tanks, dresses. They're timeless and classic, so not really a trend, they just seem to be everywhere this summer but I'm liking it. 
5. Fishtail braid - This just seems great for summer and I haven't figured it out yet - but I'm determined to. 



If you're interested in FBFF, go to Modly Chic for more information then e-mail Katy if you want to join the group.

25 comments:

Josie said...

Once I get just a touch of color, I can't WAIT to do yellow nails!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Katie Elizabeth said...

a yummy drink to match the yellow nail polish! what a great summer ahead if that's the case!


Oh, Heyy Life!

Erin said...

Love the Mimosa color from Chanel for yellow nails! Also, I want to drink that margarita at the top!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

xx

http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

Marie said...

I'll be wearing wide leg jeans too!:D

Happy Friday, Katie!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

this free bird said...

Okay for real? I need a fishtail and a feather extension. AND TO GET TO BED BEFORE 3AM ONCE THIS WEEK.

Damn those RHONYC!! I am all kinds of hooked on that mess!!

TGIF,
C

MyFavouriteThings said...

What fun choices! I might try yellow nail polish now:) Have a great weekend!

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

I think need to find some yellow polish today. Sounds summery and cheerful...I need some cheer ;)

Megan said...

i wish i had a clue of how to fishtail braid. even if i did, i seriously can not braid my own hair LOL!

i sure hope you keep mimosa on your nails at all times! get use for the money you spent... :-)

and im excited about wide legs too :-) have a great weekend katie!

Courtney Erin said...

I'm obsessed with your feather extension and yellow nails so this is an awesome list!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Shopgirl said...

love Mimosa too – on my toes right now!!! Still trying to find the perfect pair of flared jeans for the summer! :)

Torrie said...

Stripes are quickly becoming a serious addiction.

Maybe it's a good thing that the most recent two that I ordered (and got yesterday) didn't fit right. Maybe it's a sign.

sacramento said...

I love how you keep the answers sort an to the poin.
have a great weekend, dear katie.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kimberlee said...

I love all the trends you picked except feather extensions aren't exactly for me :/ But loving Zoya's "Pippa" for a bright yellow nail polish color :)

Mell said...

those pictures are wonderful

la petite coquine said...

Oh stripes, how I adore you! I have at least a dozen striped things in my closet, and I love each and every one!

When you unlock the secret of the fishtail, let me in-I love the look!

Taj Acosta said...

I love the yellow polish too ;) Happy wknd!

Rebekah said...

I totally agree with the yellow nail polish! I thought it would be weird, but I gave it a shot once since it's my favorite color, and I love how it looks! I think I'll have to paint my nails yellow again very soon.

Mikelle Jade {The Honeypie Archives} said...

I love me so yellow nail polish and wide leg jeans.

Mimi said...

yay for yellow nail polish and fishtail braid! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Closet Fashionista said...

Love it all! Sadly yellow nails will look bad on me though, haha...
And I wish I could do fishtail braids...but they are confuzzling
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

KT said...

I totally forgot about the feather extensions!! I'm loving them too and attempting to make my own instead of paying some of the crazy prices I've seen for them. Love that look! - Katy

Shea said...

Ooh I've GOT to buy some yellow polish. And I'm so with you on the wide legs--I can't stop buying them!

Gracey said...

Love feather extensions! They are so cute :) and I agree about the fishtail braid, I haven't figured it out either but it looks so good!

Tea For Two said...

I think these little Q&A sessions are really sweet and a good way to get to know the writer behind the blog.

YES, yellow nail varnish. I love the bright and pale yellows from Barry M.

MissRockwell said...

I'm all about mastering the fishtail braid this summer. My hair is finally long enough to pull it off!

http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com