June 7, 2011

Make-up Brush Overview - Eye Brushes

Is it really only Tuesday? Jared left for a business trip on Sunday and I'm bored with the house to myself. August is here of course, but he ignores me sometimes. Rude.
Ok, for the next post in my brush overview I figured I'd focus on eye brushes - some of my favorites!

Flat Shader Brush
A flat shading brush is perfect, and necessary, for packing color on the lid and applying color to the browbone. 

Stiff Blending Brush
A stiff blending brush applies color to the crease, and also blends. With this and a flat shader brush, you can do almost any eye look that you want. Seriously. These are the 2 you need.

Fluffy Blending Brush
A fluffy blending brush can be used to blend out harsh lines or, to blend concealer. I love fluffy brushes for concealer!

Pencil Brush
A pencil brush is great for precisely applying shadow, etching color into the crease or outer V of the eye, and placing color under the lash line.

Buying brush sets is a great way to get several brushes at once for a better price than buying them individually. I recently got a Tarina Tarantino set from Sephora and I love it. That said,  I think a Sephora.com order might cure some of this boredom. Good plan, right?

13 comments:

Miss Caitlin S. said...

Pencil brushes are some of my favorite things in the world, I just love them.

Rakhshanda said...

Great post!!
http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.com/

Josie said...

I need to invest in a good eye brush set for sure!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

this free bird said...

Can you use those little brushes with liquid? Does anyone even use liquid anymore? Help me understand the intricacies of le makeup. I mean maquillage. I think.

xo,
C

Closet Fashionista said...

Intermaresting...well I THINK I have a fluffy blending brush..haha...but I use it for everything because I have no idea what I'm doing
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Chiara said...

Great post I have a few but I am not sure which ones they would be called... My biggest issue at the moment (brush wise, because I do have more serious issues in life haha) is how to clean mineral brushes... I didn't buy the little shampoo because I forgot... now I am back home where there are no sephoras in sight.... Advice pleaaase?
xoxo C.

Megan said...

I have never tried a fluffy brush with concealer! I may have to try this. I have tonssss of makeup brushes and just use them how I please and really don't know how to properly use them! It is good to know by your explanations that I am using a few of them correctly LOL!! :-)

Courtney Erin said...

I've never tried a fluffier brush with concealer...interesting. I really just need to invest in the set of brushes.


xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Lee Oliveira said...

I believe my girlfriend needs help in makeup.. will send her this page.. hahaha
lee x

janettaylor said...

Great helper!

Torrie said...

So, I have the top one, but that's it! I wanted to buy more but wasn't sure what to buy.

What do you use to 'smudge liner'?... the bottom one?

la petite coquine said...

You are to brushes as I am to booze-this is amazing!

Whitney said...

great tips!