June 14, 2011

Make-up Brush Overview - Miscellaneous Brushes

To finish up, I put all the miscellaneous brushes and tools I love. You didn't think this would take 3 posts, did you? Yeah. 

Lip Brush
I rarely use a lip brush. For most lip colors and glosses, it's not needed. If you're doing a red lip or a dark lip, you need more precision so a lip brush is the way to go. Even better - get a retractable one so you can toss it in your purse for touch ups.

Lash Brush/"Spoolie"
A spoolie is great for your brows. Since that's the only thing I use it for, I'd say invest in a cheapie or even cheaper, disposable mascara wands. It's the same thing.

Metal Lash Comb
I know a lot of lash combs are those plastic ones. They're useless. Get a metal one. And if you're worried you're going to poke your eyes out with a metal lash comb, close the eye your combing and keep the other one open so you can see what you're doing :)

Tweezers
You'll notice for everything so far, I haven't named brands - but for the next 2 I am. Get Tweezerman tweezers. They're amazing and the company will sharpen them for life so you only have to buy one pair. Ever. For your entire life.


Eyelash Curler
It's a little harder to get in the US now, but you can order it online - the Shu Uemura eyelash curler is the only way to go. I bought my first one about 8 years ago, lost it in one of my moves, tried a couple of replacements then bought another Shu. Best. Ever.

Ok, that's it for all the brushes I love! Comment with some of your must haves :)


Enter the Shopbop $100 Gift Card Giveaway!

12 comments:

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

I totally agree - Shu Uemera is the BEST! I have two and totally bought Shiseido pads when the one on the Su Uemera wore out.

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Courtney Erin said...

I need to try that lash curler...I just use a cheapie drugstore one and I hate it. And so do my lashes.


xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Christie said...

I love trying different makeup products and tools! Great post!

In Fashion and Style

Torrie said...

So, 2 questions...

1) Do you use the eyelash brush daily?

2) Would you recommend purchasing the curler from Sephora (haven't looked to see if/where a/v)?

I've been considering an eyelash brush, & I NEED a new curler.

Love the frizz ease btw! And I recommended it to a friend (non-blogger who'd never heard of it), and she loves it too... like, really loves it :).

Kayla said...

I figured it would take you like 7 posts. I know how hard it is for you to pick favorites.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
Fanciful Brainstorm - Tumblr

la petite coquine said...

Oh goodness, metal lash combs are my FAVORITE! I'm so delighted at the scope of this series, darling!

Megan said...

i need a nice metal lash comb like that. i have one that is metal right now from like sephora but the comb part doesn't stick out like this...which makes it not work well. i could REALLY use this one!!!!

Couture Carrie said...

Fabulous post!
I need a lash brush!

xoxox,
CC

bravegrrl said...

shu uemura is the best! the refill pads are no longer available for separate purchase :( but just so you know i found some shiseido ones that work! ohhh and tweezerman is the best as well!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Love! The Shu Uemura curler has been my go to for 15 years now. It's amazing, right? :)

Josie said...

Tweezerman = lifesavers. They're AMAZING!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Kavery said...

I have a Shu and a Clinique eyelash curler. Both are pretty good