June 1, 2011

What I'm Loving...

Now that it's June, it really feels like summertime! Works for me :) Oh - and Happy Birthday to my Mom - love you!
Here's what I'm loving:


Sally Hansen Salon Effects
I loved my Sephora version of these last summer so I'd been eager to try Sally Hansen's version. I got Frock Star which is the multi-color glitter and really love the look of them. My only complaint is that every single one didn't work. You get 16 in a pack and 3 of mine weren't sticky and had to be tossed. Obviously you only need 10 so I guess it doesn't matter if a few are duds, but I wish they'd all worked. They are easy to use and very long lasting - definitely good for the money. 


Honey Badger
(Ok, don't play this at work or around kids. Just a language warning.) Please tell me you've listened to honey badger. There's really nothing to say except you have to watch this. And then try not to go around quoting it constantly.




 Fix +
In all my years of wearing MAC makeup, somehow I never bought Fix + until a couple of months ago. Big, big mistake waiting this long. The MAC website doesn't do a great job of describing this product. The truth is, it's multi purpose. You can spray it on your face after you've applied your make-up as a finishing spray. You can spray it after a few hours to freshen up your make-up. I think this will be amazing all summer long. It might sound weird to spray something on your face, but it feels pretty cool and refreshing.


Rouge Coco Shine
When Chanel unveiled the Rouge Coco Shine's recently they caught my attention. It's Chanel's version of the lipstick and gloss in one. You either love this type of formula or you hate it, it all depends on what you're looking for.  Some days, and especially in the hot summer months, I like something lighter on my lips. Another plus is that they're so sheer, almost any color will work on anyone. 


Ok, so that's What I'm Loving right now! What about you?

28 comments:

laura said...

I've been wanting to try Studio Fix forever too, but just didn't really want to trust the description online (I don't have a MAC counter where I live). Now, I gots to get my mitts on a bottle!

I tried the Sally Hansen Nail Effects, but sadly, they just didn't last very long on my nails. :( I still like them though because of the cute patterns!

this free bird said...

I need a fix, I want to try those nails and it was my mom's birthday on the 30th! WOO HOO!!

Okay life is kicking my ass and I need to go to bed.

xoxo Katie. Thanks so much for being there.
Carrie

Miss Caitlin S. said...

thank you for reminding me!!! I definitely have been needing to buy Fix, I am a complete fool! :) Happy birthday to your Mommers! (and don't tell her I called her Mommers..)

Josie said...

I bought a dress at American Eagle -- yes, I know -- that I'm IN LOVE with. No joke.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Happy birthday to your mom! I am totally going to
Try the Sally Hansen nail effects and rouge coco shine!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

style'n said...

I tore out a magazine page b/c I wanted to remind myself to buy some Rouge COCO shine! I can't wait to try it.

Whitney said...

love this post :) yaay summery time!

Closet Fashionista said...

I really want to try the new Chanel lipstick but its soo expensive and I don't even use the lipstick I have so I'm scared to get it XD (all I use is chapstick)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Courtney Erin said...

I so want to try that nail stuff. I must get on that.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

I love those nail things. I have some I'm waiting to use...broke all my nails in the move :(

Fashion Meets Food said...

I am beyond obsessed with Sally Hansen's Salon Effects. I have bought almost all of them they are amazing. They were still going strong on my nails a month later.

xo

Britt+Whit said...

ooh the Mac Fix sounds interesting. Its not too greasy is it??

love from San Francisco,
Britt+Whit

Lee Oliveira said...

My girlfriend she does some crazy stuff with her nails.. it turns out to look quite pretty
Lee x

Bonnie said...

I don't use MAC makeup, but I am so curious as to how well these makeup setting sprays work. If they work well, it's totally worth the investment.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Torrie said...

Love those nail stickers (?... whatever they're called)! I got the 'gold glitter'. Next time, I need to be more daring :).

Jaime @ la vie...J'aime said...

i love the sally hansen nails too! i am a gloss girl but love chanel anything!

Kristin said...

I'm with you. I hate thick lipstick in the summer! I'll have to try that out. : )

la petite coquine said...

Fix sounds pretty amazing-a makeup setter is genius! And honey badger was absolutely hysterical-just what I needed!

Taj Acosta said...

wow what a crazy badger! xo

Thick Threads said...

hahaha loved the badger video! amazing :) also yes summer nails rule! :D

xoxo
A_riot

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Haha so funny I just bought the 2nd & 3rd on the top from the left of the Sally Hansen's yesterday. Going to try tomorrow :)

Jess said...

Hmmmm, very intrigued by the Mac Fix +.... might just have to look into it.

Jess said...

I love that crazy honey badger. The narration is priceless! Thanks for sharing :)

janettaylor said...

Cooool nail creats!

Cathy Benavides said...

I've taken to saying "Honey badger don't care. Honey badger don't give a fuck!!" pretty much all the time. Best video ever!! I'm dying to try the Nail Effects but I'm afraid I'll mess it up. They are so pretty though!

Ashleigh said...

Aaahahahaha Honey Badger!! I heard this on the radio for the 1st time this morning (heavily bleeped of course) and was cracking UP!! Didn't realize there was a video!

That's a bummer about the nail stickers, I'm on my 4th set and haven't run into that but did notice when I tried to save the extras they dry out super quick. Also, a warning, I just removed Frock Star on Sunday and OMG it was the toughest so far to get off. These things really last!! I ended up soaking pads in remover and covering each finger with foil for about 10 mins to loosen up. Something about that glitter man, it just sticks!!

LyddieGal said...

that spray sounds intriguing -- does it eliminate that afternoon shine? I have such a problem with my skin getting so oily that all my make up just slides off my face.

Chiic on the Cheap

sacramento said...

I love, love the butterfly ones so much.
XXXXXXXXXXXX