June 22, 2011

What I'm Loving...

After a more brutal than usual winter, I'm trying to really enjoy the summer (even with the ridiculous heat). So far, so good. I'm sure it'll pass. Technically summer has barely started. And yesterday it rained so, um, maybe that'll cool it off for 5 seconds. Ok, can't think about it or the heat will annoy me again. Onward.
Here's what I'm loving:


Swimming Pool
weheartit
In the spirit of trying to enjoy the summer, we're attempting to use the pool in our subdivision more. No, it's not that pretty, but it's a pool and last year I think we only went twice. Not good. We've already beaten last year's record, so this summer is looking more promising!


Essie Coat Azure

Essie describes this color as "a breathtaking medium blue with shimmer" but that description doesn't really do it justice. What really sold me was seeing the color featured on ALU's 365 of Untrieds. After seeing how gorgeous the color was (and she pointed out it's a true azure blue, one of ADPi's colors - my sorority in college) I pretty much ran out to Ulta to get a bottle. This is the color in my What I'm Wearing... post yesterday and a lot of you seemed to like it too!


NYX Diamond Sparkle Lipstick
No joke, while I was in Ulta to grab the Coat Azure, I checked Twitter and saw that Taj from Gorgeous Glam had Tweeted about how amazing her NYX Diamond Sparkle Lipstick in Sparkling Rose was. Um, I know a sign when I see one. After my mad dash to the Essie displays, I headed over to the NYX section to pick up Sparkling Rose (and another color - they were Buy 1 get 1 for 50% off. I also know a good deal when I see one). They're sparkly, shimmery lipsticks. I think I've discussed how much I love those. Several times. 


Manchester Orchestra - Simple Math
What if you were crazy, would we have to listen then?
What if we've been trying to get to where we’ve always been?
What if I was wrong, and started trying to fix it?
What if you believed me? Everything is brilliant.
I've liked all the Manchester Orchestra songs I've heard before but I completely love Simple Math. I love the melody, the lyrics are amazing - I've had it on repeat in iTunes ever since I bought it. 


Ok, so that's What I'm Loving right now! What about you?
Enter the Shopbop $100 Gift Card Giveaway!

22 comments:

Katie Elizabeth said...

Ooh that pool is gorgeous! I have a pool in my backyard that my dog uses a heck of a lot more than my family and I. It's basically her pool haha.

xo katie elizabeth
ohheyylife.blogspot.com

this free bird said...

girl i AM using the brace but it's not working for shizzle. i'm a hot mess and wish i could dip in a hot tub for relief. got a hot stone massage and paraffin wax trtment for it the other day and almost cried with relief. goin to bed. pathetic typing right now wah

xo,
c
ps-pass the polish

Julie and Lauren said...

I haven't done the blue nail trend yet, but I'm thinking I might have to try it...
: )

Stacey said...

we're supposed to get up to 100 degrees today-can you believe it!? a pool-any pool sounds good!:-). thank goodness for the rain last night too..

Courtney Erin said...

I'm jealous that you have easy access to a pool.I love summer swimming but the only pool around is at the campus gym and it's such a production to get down there and use it. Ugh.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

I almost bought that polish yesterday. Totally regretting not getting it!

cbenavides said...

I'm absolutely going to have to try that lipstick! Finding a good pink is always a trial for me, and that one looks perfect. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Megan said...

right now im loving that blogger is not working on my computer. kidding...so annoying.

i wish i was loving pools but i really haven't laid by one in YEARS. no kidding. i need to get more comfortable with myself in a swimsuit :( because i have no idea how to apply self tanners and i could use a nice tan.

i am loving your nail polish :-) i will have to check it out :-)

have a great day!

janettaylor said...

I <3 Essie too!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Oh you know that I am RIGHT there with u! :)

Annie said...

I would LOVE to be in that swimming pool right now...

la petite coquine said...

Mmm, swimming pool! The damn SF weather has made me crave a swimming pool, but then I thank everything that I live near the ocean and it's 10 degrees or more cooler at home than anywhere else in the city!

I'm loving that today seems less batshit crazy than yesterday-I threw the world's biggest temper tantrum last night and I'd prefer not to have another!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

SoCal hasn't been too hot - we're guaranteed June gloom every year. It's nice to have this period of cool weather before it heats up though.

Loving that polish :)

Mimi said...

i am loving our swimming pool too! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Closet Fashionista said...

LOVE that nail polish! :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Fashion Meets Food said...

I almost bought that polish but decided against it and bought a coral color instead. Just might have to go back and get this hue.

xo

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Ooh that NYC lip color looks fab! Hmm now can I find it in India...Otherwise, stalking it when I get back to NYC.

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Josie said...

That Essie shade is fantastic -- I just bought Clambake and I'm in LOVE.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Kristin said...

I think an Ulta trip might be in order! That lip color is gorg!

Taj Acosta said...

yay on the lippie! I want to see it on you now lol! I swear I've been wearing it everyday with different color glosses over it and it's like a camelion! What other color did you get? I bought two other ones that I haven't even touched since I've been so obsessed with this one!

Tiffany - I am Style-ish said...

surprisingly, NYX is one of my favorite lipsticks brands! I love trying out all the colors and for a great price! I will have to try out that color, it's pretty!

Yelena Starikova said...

Definitively swimming pool!!!

AllGlamThings