July 22, 2011

Closet Clean Out* Update

we♥it
*If you're confused, "Closet Clean Out" is just my name for trying to keep all my things organized and to make sure I'm using everything I'm buying. Eventually it'll hopefully extend to actually renovating our master closet, but it turns out that's pretty expensive so, who knows when that'll actually happen. 

Not too long after I was patting myself on the back for re-organizing the 2 bathroom drawers, I opened one of my dresser drawers one night and found these:
A lovely pair of J. Crew pajama pants with the tags still on them. That's nice.
I had no recollection of buying J. Crew pajama pants. That's not good. 
Luckily, the blog helped out. When did I get J. Crew pajama pants? Oh. That time. Alright, so I bought a pair of pajama pants and they sat in my drawer for almost 7 months before I found them. But I did find them, took the tags off, and wore them, and none of that ever would have happened before the massive clean out. So - small progress?

Yeah, yeah. I still have a lot of work to do.

Today is the last day to enter the $150 Perricone Giveaway!

16 comments:

Josie said...

You can do it, Katie! I have all the faith in you.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

this free bird said...

omg I'm so there with you...just today pulled out a madewell tanktop that i have zero recollection of purchasing. you're miles ahed of me having mentioned your fab purchase on the blog. me? not so much. meh

xo,
c

Courtney Erin said...

I love it when Christmas comes early because I buy things and then forget about them...

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Audrey Allure said...

Haha, that has happened to me too - I'm cleaning through my things & find something I haven't worn. It's almost like a little gift lol.

Closet Fashionista said...

Haha! I hate when that happens!! But at least you found them now ;)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

I love unexpected finds....pants, $20 in Jean pockets...

la petite coquine said...

HA-too good! At least you've got a record of the purchase?

janettaylor said...

:D

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

ugh i hate seeing tags on in my closet...must wear everything at least once, right!? lol

Rhiannon {Hey Gorg} said...

I love that your blog helped you remember when you got your J. Crew pants :) hehe

Isabel said...

cleaning (organizing) is always a great way to find things u thought u lost or didnt know u had. haha

Ramona said...

Oh,that wardrobe is dream. I wish I'm gone have some day that perfect space for my clothes, but at the moment I have to share my wardrobe with my bf and it's so damn' tough.
But girl You can do it!

xoxo Ra

little t said...

Ha ha, I love when that happens!!

Elle Sees said...

Where did summer go? My lil sis starts school NEXT WEEK!

Nnenna said...

When I move out in about a month, I should probably do a closet purge too!

star-crossed smile

Annabelle Fleur said...

Wow, I wish my closet was so beautifully organized! Gorgeous post, darling! Love your blog and now following! Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog:)

Kisses,
Annabelle
http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com