July 15, 2011

Friend Friday - Labels

Friend Friday
The Fashion Beauty Friend Friday group was created by Katy over at Modly ChicEvery week Katy puts together a set of questions and on Friday if you want to participate, you answer them on your blog and link back up at Modly Chic
we♥it

This week's topic is about labeling.

1. As a someone who writes/blogs about fashion, have you placed yourself into some sort of blogging category?
Obviously this is mostly a fashion and beauty blog, but I don't feel like that's the only thing I can talk about. That's the focus here, and it's a big part of my life, but as I've said before every aspect of my life makes it on here, or Twitter, or Facebook in some capacity. It's all my life, you know?
2. What keeps you from or encourages you to label yourself as a certain kind of blogger?
I've never had any inclination to label myself in any area of life, so I don't feel the need to label myself as a certain kind of blogger.
3. When picking blogs to read and follow are you drawn to ones that indicate a certain group or way of thinking/being?
I'm drawn more to people and their personalities than anything else.
4. Do you think there are benefits in labeling yourself or others?
I don't see any benefit in it. What is there to gain?
5. Agree or Disagree - We're all just people; we don't need all the labels.
Agree. I don't see the point in it.


If you're interested in FBFF, go to Modly Chic for more information then e-mail Katy if you want to join the group.

16 comments:

Josie said...

I'm with you, Katie -- I never know whether to classify my blog as fashion/beauty or lifestyle... It's hard to know where to draw the line.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

this free bird said...

I hear you on this one. Label shmabel. There are too many clones out there as it is. Individuality reigns supreme!

xo,
C

Judy C said...

I spent my whole life with one label or another-wife, daughter, mother, screw-up, etc. Really tried hard to live up to them. All. Don't need another.

Dilan Dilir said...

nice post :D

katOUT said...

labels.. ehhh who needs them!

your blog is adorable!

Courtney Erin said...

I'm with you - labeling seems so pointless.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

la petite coquine said...

Here, here! Have a wonderful weekend, gorgeous!

FashionJazz said...

I agree with you, I am also not sure as to what label I should give my blog... Hope you have a lovely wknd xx

Bonnie said...

I obviously label myself as a fashion blogger, as well, but I freely discuss other things on my blog. I mean, hey. It's my blog. I can do what I want.
I think labels suck. I guess they are good for classification purposes, but I also think they can restrict someone too much.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Couture Carrie said...

Cool post!

xoxox,
CC

Melissa Blake said...

Yay! I couldn't agree with you more about labels!

Kimberlee said...

I'm really enjoying reading everyone's posts - great motivation :)

Kavery said...

I think the label doesn't matter as much as the content of the blog. Not sure if mine is a fashion or style blog.

Ashley said...

Love this, such good questions, they've got me thinking now too! Labels are pointless really, and I'm the same way as you, I'm drawn to bloggers personalities more than anything else too!

-Ashley
http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

Jess said...

I love that quote, and it is soooo true!!!! Hope you had a great weekend!

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

Ah, why label oneself or others? The world has enough "Labels" already;-)