July 1, 2011

Friend Friday - The Uniform

Friend Friday
The Fashion Beauty Friend Friday group was created by Katy over at Modly ChicEvery week Katy puts together a set of questions and on Friday if you want to participate, you answer them on your blog and link back up at Modly Chic. 
we♥it

This week's questions were inspired by a post Vahni from Grit and Glamour did in which she outlined her outfit formula, or "uniform".

1. What’s your go-to outfit formula?
Jeans, J. Crew t-shirt (or something similar), flats, scarf. Variations depending on the season, but, you get the idea. I did a post about it a long time ago and you've seen variations on it in What I'm Wearing... posts.
2. How did you come about this formula?
It's easy and I've accumulated a lot of varieties of it :)
3. Do you have different formulas for different occasions in your life?
Not really. Outside of normal day to day things, it just depends on what will work best and what I'm in the mood to wear.
4. Has it morphed over the years?
Of course. Style is always evolving. It has to, right?
5. Which other blogger’s outfit formula would you like to swipe?
Tiffany's because she makes everything look effortless (and I'm very envious of her shoe and bag collection!).

If you're interested in FBFF, go to Modly Chic for more information then e-mail Katy if you want to join the group.

19 comments:

Josie said...

You always look so chic in your uniform, Katie! I'm so envious. Mine is a belted sundress in the warm season and skinny jeans, a cardigan, and flats in the cooler seasons.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Miss Caitlin S. said...

I like the response to #2, simple and dead on! :)

this free bird said...

I love your uniform--I have some variations of it in my wardrobe as well. You just can't go wrong!

Katie I think it's time for a visit to SoCal...we need to convene over cocktails. Fridays just aren't the same!

xo,
C

this free bird said...

Katie we would tear Vegas to the ground. Or at least the cocktail waitresses.

xo,
C

samecookiesdifferent said...

this picture is sooo pretty :D we like your blog
share the feeling
visit <3
www.samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com
xx the cookies

Julie and Lauren said...

Awesome! Thank you for this intro! Very cute.
Xx

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

You just described my exact go to outfit too. No wonder we get along so well ;) that and we don't Smike enough fir mist people. Lol.

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

What the hell? That was 'smike enough for most people'. Freaking auto correct.

Closet Fashionista said...

Yay! That's a very good go to outfit, hehe :) Mine is a dress and a sweater, haha
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Courtney Erin said...

My uniform is a t-shirt, black pants, flats and a cardigan...you've inspired me to try a scarf instead though!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Audrey Allure said...

That's basically my go-to outfit formula too :)

Kimberlee said...

I'm a jeans kind of girl too :)

Torrie said...

If I had your flat collection, they would be in my everyday uniform too!! (for now, it's all about the flip-flops :))

Happy 4th!! Hope your weekend is filled with eating & and drinking (especially, the latter). xoxo

Bonnie said...

You are such a cool person. I think that is why I love these questions so much. It helps me get to know my blogger friends better!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Ashley said...

I love this post! I never had given much thought to my "uniform", but I definitely am usually a jeans-and-tee girl, and then when I have to go somewhere nice I try to throw on a skirt or dress!

-Ashley
http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

Faye said...

my go to uniform is pretty similar to yours - comfort is key xxx

Lottie said...

cute!

Yelena Starikova said...

So Pretty!
im your new follower!


AllGlamThings

Kavery said...

Jeans, a tee and a cardi if needed is pretty much my uniform as well. Anything that doesn't need too much thinking :)