July 28, 2011

What I Organized... Abby's Closet

You probably guessed that a lot of what I worked on in Abby's new apartment was organizing. 
And I did. Her new apartment has a custom built walk-in closet. Are you getting a good look at that? I think I teared up.
Dresses to the left
Button downs on the top rack, cardigans on the bottom
Shoes, drawers with tanks, camis, plain t's, long sleeves, sweaters, more shoes, then clutches, wristlets, and wallets. 
Sleeveless tops on the top rack, short sleeves tops on the bottom
Jackets, blazers and coats on top, pants and skirt on the bottom
Totes on a Pier 1 hook
Belts on the end, scarves in the middle
Laptop/largers bags, hats and winter accessories on the shelf
Purses

Everything is organized by category and color. It took 3 trips and about 50 new hangers to get it done (the way I wanted). I think I should turn the organizing thing into a job because at least that way I can charge, right? 

19 comments:

Josie said...

Do it, Katie -- I'd TOTALLY pay if you could come make my closet look like this!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

this free bird said...

dying
reminds me of what i left downstairs
next up: operation get to my house
i'm leveled.

xo,
c

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Dude, it's my dream job...organizing people's homes. I'm a freak.

Isabel said...

you are such a nice sister to organize her closet. lol

Courtney Erin said...

Oh my god...it's beautiful...and you're a genius!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Wow...AMAZINGGGGGG!! You did such a great job! :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Couture Carrie said...

Nice job!

xoxox,
CC

Callie said...

Amazing! You did a wonderful job! This really inspires me to work out a new organizational plan for my own closet when I move here in the next few months. Thanks for sharing!

-Callie
unladylikeblog.blogspot.com
theweartogogirls.tumblr.com

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Look at you! Best sister ever! :)

la petite coquine said...

That is quite the closet, and so well organized! I'm in heaven.

Krystal said...

girrrl that is awesome! you should totally make it a job!

Faye said...

Im the most disorganised person ever. I seriously need to sort out my wardrobe lol xx

Shea said...

I want her closet! Seriously, she has so much SPACE! And you organized it beautifully. I'm going to go cry next to my teeny tiny closet now.

Kavery said...

Major closet envy ahead! You should totally turn it into a job. You're so good at it.

Veronica said...

Thats an amazing closet!!! Im so jealous! Lucky girl!

Jenny said...

Awesome job Katie - that closet looks amazing! Wow!

Lindsay Elizabeth said...

omg. beautiful<3 haha i do that to my friend's closets too. only for some reason my own closet is still a hot mess...oh well! i love your blog. i'm following :) if you'd like, i would really appreciate if you'd check out my blog as well and maybe follow back!

xoxo Lindsay
lindsayelizabethm.blogspot.com

Marie said...

What a sweet thing to do, you did a great job!:D

***** Marie ******
allthingsmarie.com

Marie said...

What a sweet thing to do, you did a great job!:D

***** Marie ******
allthingsmarie.com