July 21, 2011

What I'm Wearing...

Remember how I was complaining yesterday about this being the "nothing" part of summer?
Don't ever say things like that.
Tomorrow I'm leaving for Nashville to maybe, finally, get my sister moved in. I'm there for a few days, coming back for a few days, then we're off to the beach. Then it's August. Flights, hotel, transportation to and from the airport, and various restaurants have been planned for Vegas but I'm sure once we're back, it'll be a whirlwind of finalizing plans until that trip for our anniversary.
Then it's September.
Where the #&$* did the summer go, again? And why was I complaining about nothing going on?
Dress - Libertine for Target, Leggings - Express, Belt - Limited, Shoes - Nine West, Clutch - Express, Earrings - Melinda Maria, Ring - BCBG Max Azria, Nail polish - Sinful Colors 24/7 and Pinky Glitter
Yeah, I basically wore this outfit a few months ago but... at least 3 things are different this time. Massively huge bonus points if you recognize any of them. It's like a game. Except there's no prize and you probably don't care if you win. 
I wish the nail polish would show up better in these pictures since it's another $4 Manicure. 2 Sinful Colors polishes from my last haul and I'm pretty obsessed. Oh, and in case you missed it on Twitter or in the above pictures:
4 inch heels! (I'll give you that one, that's 1 thing that's different.) It's been a rocky road back to heels, and the last time I tried to wear "serious" heels I didn't make it out the door. Wedges are fine, heels up to about 3 in. are fine, but a lot of my shoes (like these) are still difficult, and I guess they always will be (I hate admitting that). I think I just need to be careful about what shoes I add to my collection, picking ones that will get a lot of wear and not sit around for months at a time. 
We'll see how it goes.
Now I should probably go pack since I'm leaving around lunchtime...

24 comments:

Miss Caitlin S. said...

haha, I liked the game comments. This outfit is really cute and the hair color be bangin' Katie! I know, I did summer math too and I'm basically out of free weekends, wtf.

Courtney Erin said...

I love that Libertine for Target dress...I so wish I had snapped one of those babies up, it's such a great color combo and pattern. And I totally feel you on the heels - I personally really dislike them - I like wedges but even anything over about 3 inches in a wedge is just painful. For a while I hated admitting that to myself but I've kind of embraced it lately.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

this free bird said...

I love this with the leggings and the heels. I don't think you did that last time. When are you in Vegas? I need moolah b/c I want to come see you even though it means crashing the anniversary and Jared might trip me upon sight.

Further, my bday is in August and I'm about to have another birthday breakdown.

I'm not ready for summer to be over. Death to faux fur and cool weather. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i'm not posting tonight. i need to catch up on teen mom.

xo,
c

Closet Fashionista said...

Loving the outfit! :D And yayyy for wearing taller heels!!!! That's quite a step :) [and I love your little snake ring]
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Josie said...

Katie, you look so tan and fab! Love that dress.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Jess said...

LOVE all of your accessories - the leggings, the heels, the Yurman. WOW!

Kiki's Corner said...

Your outfit is super cute :)

I love love love your snake ring!!!


kikiscornerfunfashionandfrivolity.blogspot.com

Thick Threads said...

oh i LOVE that dress! love the colors looks so great on you!

cbenavides said...

You look insanely awesome :) I can't wait to hear all about your Vegas trip, and yes, where the heck has the summer gone? I can't believe it's almost August already!!

PriscilaPetersDecor said...

Adorable.
I like the colors mixed in this look.

Martaaa said...

the ring is great:) and I also like black heels, such a classic piece that every girl should have in her wardrobe!
would you like to follow each other?

An Interesting Distraction

la petite coquine said...

Your legs look KILLER in those heels! I'm glad the summer's kicked back into high gear, and I hope you had a wonderful time this weekend!

Bonnie said...

This ring is driving me insane with jealousy. iloveitsomuch.

P.S. I constantly complain about being bored in the summer, and then BAM! Tons of events. Busy, busy, busy. It's crazy how that works.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Oooh don't say that! But it's so true about summer. Please stick around. Pretty please! :) xoxo

Andrea Reh said...

I love that ring - I used to have one just like it.

Andrea x

Erin said...

I love those stripes on you-and that snake ring! So pretty! Also, great giveaway!

xx

Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

Following you on GFC Miss Fashion Maven!

Shea said...

Wow, you WILL be busy! Have fun though! I like the leggings with this dress, and those killer pumps!

Whitney said...

cute outfit!

Whitney said...

cute outfit!

Kavery said...

Those heels and that clutch are causing some serious envy here! Don't know if I'll recover but don't worry about me - have a great time in Vegas!

jill said...

your ring is adorable! it reminds me of this bracelet I used to have - I wore it for a cleopatra costume. very nice!

x. jill
www.thoseghosts.blogspot.com

Fashion Meets Food said...

Very cute outfit! I am obsessed with your snake ring its so chic!

xo

lovelyandliterate said...

I love love love that Libertine for Target dress and the way you styled it! I am so regretting not picking one up when I had the chance...

Have you checked out The Wear To Go Girls FB Page? You should definitely submit this look for their “Look of the Week” — you look amazing! Check it out here — http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Wear-to-go-Girls/138631736207424 — there’s tons of great oufit inspiration and your look would be a great addition to the mix.

All the best.

Marissa Joy said...

Great dress! Thanks for your comment-following you now!

follow me back!
stylebymj.blogspot.com