August 24, 2011

Closet Clean Out Win. Or Fail.

Less than a week before we were leaving for Vegas I decided I needed a new dress for our anniversary. It was too soon to order online unless I did overnight shipping, so I spent a good part of 2 days out looking for something.
I bought a tunic, a pair of shoes, a camisole, 4 bracelets, nail polish, and some new luggage.
No dress.
(The shoes are pretty awesome though, right? Yeah.)
Friday night when I was on Round 2 of pulling random things out of the closet I might want to take with me, I noticed something about the dresses I already have.
I've never worn a lot of them.
After trying on 4 (yes 4, I'll admit it) dresses with the tags still on them, I decided that one of the brand new dresses I already owned would work instead of buying another new dress for the occasion. 
Yeah, so I'm not really sure if this a step in the right direction or not. Ultimately I found something I already had instead of adding to the collection of clothes I've never worn, but it sure was a difficult process getting there.
The new shoes are going to look great with the dress, though. 
(I'm not making any progress, am I?)

15 comments:

Fash Boulevard said...

love these. thanks for another amazing post. Stop by to see pics from my latest outfit post and my newest accessory obsession. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Don't forget to follow on twitter for all the latest fashion gossip from an LA stylist.

http://twitter.com/#!/FashBoulevard

Miss Caitlin S. said...

no, that's bomb!!! Spend less, spend less!!! I'm glad you did that and love when that works for me. And the new shoes are so cute!! Enjoying your iphone as well I see :)

Josie said...

I can NEVER find what I'm looking for when I shop -- so I figure I should just have a massive wardrobe to pick from! Love the new shoes.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Tan heels are stalking me. I need some for fall and keep seeing them everywhere.

Courtney Erin said...

I think you did really good - I mean you shopped your own closet right? Sure it took a while to get there but whatevs - you still got there. And I might be obsessed with those shoes. Love them!!!!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Fashion By Alicia said...

Love these shoes! I found a dress last week in my closet with tags still on. Sometimes it happens, but I am glad you found your dress for your trip!

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh I hate when that happens, you want something new and then realize you have stuff you've never worn....haha...but I'm sure you will look beautiful! :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

janettaylor said...

I am with Closet Fashionisat! :)

Katherine said...

Beautiful shoes :) And good luck with the closet cleanout - I know how tough those can be!

Taylor said...

Ive done that too! Today in fact, I took the tags off a PRICEY blouse i bought 3 months ago! And of course I love it and wonder why I let it sit there! :)

My Dressy Ways said...

Happens to me ALL the time! But hey, my philosophy is also to buy what you don't need (when it's on sale) because you won't be able to find it when you need it. That MIGHT be why I buy things and then they get lost in my closet. Haha.

la petite coquine said...

It's perfect progress-that what closet clean outs are all about! And those shoes really are divine.

Shea said...

Isn't that what always happens--I always leaving the store with everything but the thing I was looking for too! Those shoes ARE pretty fabulous though, so I think it was worth it :)

CMA said...

love your banner!
absolutely wonderful! you’ve got a gorgeous blog, and i’m so glad i’ve stumbled across it for my first time! i hope you’ll come visit COSMICaroline for a Nashville-based source of inspiration for fashion, music, and art! keep up the awesome work!

-COSMICaroline
http://www.COSMICaroline.com

Jess said...

Hey, at least you got some new shoes! It makes the dress all the more worthwhile when you get to wear it more than once!

PS mentioned you in a blog award!