August 19, 2011

Friend Friday - Dreams

Friend Friday
The Fashion Beauty Friend Friday group was created by Katy over at Modly ChicFor the first and third week of each month Katy puts together a set of questions and on Friday if you want to participate, you answer them on your blog and link back up at Modly ChicOn the other weeks, FBFF will be doing a Visual Friend Friday. 

we♥it

This week's questions are about dreams, goals, and how to realize them.

1. Fess up - if you could do anything professionally what would it be?
Blogging has made me realize I'd love to be able to, well, this professionally. Blogging, free-lance writing pertaining to fashion and beauty - anything like that.
2. What draws you to this?
It would combine things I'm interested in with the ability to work from home and have a flexible schedule.
3. When did you first start dreaming about this ideal?
Seeing other blogger's quit their day jobs to do this has shown me that maybe I can somehow turn it into a profession as well as a hobby.
4. What's holding you back from going all in?
I guess not knowing exactly where to start to make it happen. Not that it's an excuse, I should put more effort into it. 
5. Sometimes the first step is the hardest... what's one step you can take now on the way to realizing your dream?
I guess that's where I get stuck. Any suggestions?


If you're interested in FBFF, go to Modly Chic for more information then e-mail Katy if you want to join the group.

18 comments:

Josie said...

Seriously, I so wish I could be a full-time blogger! I want to just write about fashion. All the time.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Nanne said...

Even though I'm not dreaming of going professional with my blog, I do see the benefits of being your own boss! Plus working with something you love. My advice would be to check out what other professional bloggers do, and maybe read some articles and/or books on how to "professionalize" your blog. You can do it!

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

When you figure it all out...let me know!

Candy said...

I think all us bloggers secretly dream of doing this full-time!

Sounds like you have already taken the first step!

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

It definitely would be interesting to do this full time! I'd love to be a fashion designer or movie producer (if I had talent or money!)

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Lee Oliveira said...

My dream.. "sit next to mama Wintour".. thats all
lee x

Isabel said...

if i could make money from my blog that would be AMAZING! ill keep dreaming.

Closet Fashionista said...

I agree, blogging for a living would be so amazing!!
Otherwise I would love to work for a fashion magazine! *drools* haha
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Katy Rose said...

I'd say if you really want to write and make money from that, start making pitches to small online magazines and sites that take submissions. Maybe do a couple good ones for free or a few dollars to create a portfolio and then start moving forward from there. It's a long process to becoming a freelance writer but with the internet it has never been easier! - Katy

Kimberlee said...

It can be done! I recommend reading Yuli Ziv's book "Blogging Your Way to the Front Row" which I just reviewed on my blog. She gives good tactical advice about how to make money from your blog. I hope you go for it :)

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I would absolutely love to do this full time. You should definitely give it a shot :)

Courtney Erin said...

Blogging professionally would be such a dream!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

la petite coquine said...

I loved reading Katy's advice-that's one smart cookie!

Fabienne Jach said...

You're headed in the right direction by blogging. Put yourself out there, look into local publications and see if you can start contributing there, then move on to bigger fish, so to speak.

Good luck!
:) f
The House in the Clouds

alicia said...

i love that inscription on those glasses! xo

Shea said...

I'm with you--I'd love to be a pro blogger! I wish I knew the secret :)

Elle Sees said...

I think everyone had the same answer for this! It would be a dream job. And happy anniversary in Vegas!

Jenny said...

Pro-blogger would be lovely. I've been neglectful of my little blog lately, trying to find the balance between going back to work, family and blog time. Someday...