August 5, 2011

Friend Friday - Locational Influences

Friend Friday
The Fashion Beauty Friend Friday group was created by Katy over at Modly ChicFor the first and third week of each month Katy puts together a set of questions and on Friday if you want to participate, you answer them on your blog and link back up at Modly Chic. On the other weeks, FBFF will be doing a Visual Friend Friday. 




1. What part of the world do you blog from?
Birmingham, AL. I live in the suburbs and if you're familiar with Birmingham, you've probably picked up on what part. I doubt most people are familiar with Alabama, though. But you should be. I'm just saying.
2. If you had to describe the overall mode of dress for where you live what would you say?
Overall it's casual, but it depends on what area you're in. I'm sure that's true of most any location. 
3. Do you fit in with the status quo around you or do you break the mold?
I don't think I necessarily stick out, but if something is really popular and I see a ton of people wearing it I automatically don't want to. Does that answer the question? (Or I just wait about 8 years until it becomes so overdone it's beyond done and I jump on in. See: Uggs.)
4. If you have lived or traveled to another part of the country/world, did your clothing choices evolve?
I've lived in Birmingham, AL; Tuscaloosa, AL; and Jackson, MS. Take a guess. 
5. If you had to describe your style by naming a specific city, what would you be?
I'm pretty sure I wasn't Jackson, MS. 

If you're interested in FBFF, go to Modly Chic for more information then e-mail Katy if you want to join the group.

18 comments:

Mandy at Life in the Fashion Lane said...

You are cracking me up with your location generalizations. I have never been to Alabama...but I would guess it is pretty conservative. Am I Right??

Josie said...

I'm definitely going to say that living in the Midwest influences my style... I definitely wear different things at home than when I'm traveling. Hope you're feeling okay, gorgeous!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

this free bird said...

Okay I am dying over your Jackson, MS comments. I know someone who grew up there. I'm just saying.

Oh and peep UGGS! Yeah!

xo,
C

Judy C said...

Tennessee sounds a lot like your home. The thing is, I don't see a lot of fashion here because I don't go where it is. The Sunday paper has a few pics of parties. I guess that's where the fashion is cause it isn't at my house.

jos xx said...

love reading these type of questions, i should check Katie!!

jos xx
http://mypretty-pinkjournal.blogspot.com/

Closet Fashionista said...

This is such a fun set of questions! :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

I've only been once and it was for a day and I was ten. I don't remember a thing.

Courtney Erin said...

"I'm pretty sure I wasn't Jackson, MS" = awesomely, hilarious. A little bit of coffee actually came out my nose while I was chuckling over this. Gross, no?

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Jenny said...

I've been to Alabama a few times, my BFF did her residency at UAB and I visited her there. Birmingham is lovely! I've also been to Huntsville and Scottsboro (hello, unclaimed baggage center - yay!). I've never been ot Jackson, MS but used to go to Tupelo quite frequently for the furniture market ;o)

Gabrielle - I LIKE IT FAST said...

Love the photos and blog! Your style is wicked
xx
I LIKE IT FAST

Taj Acosta said...

You are too funny! Happy wknd!

FashionJazz said...

Loved ur post hun : ) Happy Friday xx

Leia said...

What an interesting topic! I've only lived in London and Dhaka and I certainly wouldn't say that 'casual' was how most people dress in both places. In fact it's quite the opposite!

Leia

Jess said...

I love that artwork! Where did you find it? I need one of TEXAS! haha!

Shea said...

I've never been to Alabama, but reading this week's questions makes me want to go on a state-by-state blogger meeting roadtrip. I love hearing about where people are from!

Michelle Lee said...

interesting post :)

Lindsay said...

cool! love you're answers!

thestylechildblog.com

Kavery said...

I don't know too much about these places but they sound quite interesting!!