August 25, 2011

Goodbye To Summer

With summer coming to an end (and feeling like I got cheated out of mine since we had to skip the beach for me to have surgery), I decided to cram a whole lot of summer into last week.

I wore wedges and carried summer purses (2 different ones last week)

I did lots of cleaning and organizing around the house that lead to everyone finishing up projects that hadn't been completed. (August is totally helping Jared here. Promise. Oh, and this particular project was taking wine corks that Jared had been saving and turning them into a cork board. Dream big, kids.)

I wore more wedges, and accessories that either haven't been worn or have been neglected lately. This day I also wore my linen blazer that I haven't worn all year over a pink dress that's been hanging in the closet all summer and changed shoes later in the day into a pair of never worn sandals. It was kind of like a kid trying to wear as many things at once as they can. Actually, I was that kid now that I think about it. I guess nothing has changed...

I got one more pedicure in with Chanel Mimosa. I certainly don't buy into wearing certain nail colors at certain times, but I know I'll be wanting to dig into all my plums and greige (it's a word) polishes soon, so it's bound to be awhile before colors like this get worn again.

So why was I in such a hurry to fit summer in when it's still a million degrees here in Alabama? Well, we get back from Vegas it'll be Saturday the 27th. The rest of the weekend will be unpacking and resting. Then I'm sure you all know what the next weekend is...

...football season.
See? That's another thing I did. Decorated for football season. Roll Tide.

Summer's over, kids.

12 comments:

Josie said...

Love that bright yellow Chanel shade -- so pretty and summery! And you know I love those CV for Target wedges...
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Weee!!! :D :D I love both of those wedges!
and yea...I LOVE my Chanel Riva but I know when Fall really comes I won't want to wear it anymore. But I've been wearing it on my toes NON-STOP since I bought it...haha...so all summer basically
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Courtney Erin said...

I admire your "cram the last bit of summer into some perfect summery days" plan - and I admire your wedges.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

PHILO said...

oh summer is still here in Central Europe!!! I can send you some degrees, it's burning hot here!!!!

xoxo
http://miss-philo.blogspot.com/

cbenavides said...

I laughed out loud at the "dream big kids" part- you always crack me up! I feel like summer will never end here. Yesterday was 70 days of 100+ degree weather with no end in sight. I might just have to migrate north.....

Torrie said...

I love that you decorated for football season.

Being presently addicted to Friday Night Lights makes me love all things football related.

(Hope you're having FUUUUUUUUN!!)

janettaylor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
janettaylor said...

YEPP, I am with Philo. It's burning hot here... summer is still stay here... :D

Bonnie said...

My new semester began this week so, yeah, I was definitely reminded that summer is over. And I am sad. Goodbye, freedom. It's back to the daily grind!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Jessie said...

The shoes in this post are amazing! I am so bummed summer is coming to an end. Living in New England summers just go wayy to fast :(

XX
Jessie
http://87life.blogspot.com

Laura said...

LOVE both of your wedges!! I am painting my nails mint tomorrow because i know i won't wear that in a few weeks!

Shea said...

You have some great wedges! Is that second pair the Cynthia Vincent for Target pair? I totally wish I would have bought those!