September 26, 2011

Fall Shopping - Minnetonka Boots

Minnetonka Front Lace Knee Boot
Boots are always at the top of my shopping list in the fall. I've wanted this Minnetonka pair for at least 2 years, so I finally took the plunge and ordered them. Now I'm not entirely sure what I want to wear them with, so outfit suggestions are welcome. Of course nothing is ever simple, and as soon as I got them I realized there wasn't room for them in the closet. As I've mentioned a million times, eventually we'll remodel the master closet. The amount of space is great, but it's just not utilized well. At all. The Engineer helped me re-work my existing shoe storage though and for now there's room again.
The shelves that sandals and wedges were on are now hanging to free up floor space, the heel rack slid down to the other end of the back wall, and now there's room to line up my boots (flats are in a hanging organizer on the door). It's not perfect, but it works. Shoe storage suggestions are also welcome along with the outfit ideas. I just keep asking you guys to do things for me, don't I? Sorry about that...

18 comments:

Veronica said...

your closet is amazing!!!!
I love it!!!
so jealous
~Veronica

this free bird said...

First: on the boots--oh.hell.yes.

Wear with leggings and longer sweaters. also w/a skirt or dress. Sounds whack, but can totally work.

RE: the closet--the engineer did good!! MAN I WISH WE WERE NEIGHBORS!!

xoxo,
C

Josie said...

Being from Minnesota, I'm a big, big fan of Minnetonkas -- but I have yet to get any! These are darling. And seriously. I'm going to commission Jared to come fit out my dorm room with storage. No joke.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Miss Caitlin S. said...

cuttteee, I want them too~~ And in terms of storage? No, I have no ideas because I SUCK at it. My suggestion would be to build your own shoe closet room with custom shelves. Soooo, you can see how helpful I am, haha. Your organization here is kinda a goal of mine as all my shoes are just in a huge tub.

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Loving that redesigned closet (mine is horrible). Leggings and tunics will totally work with those boots!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

I have those exact boots. I wear mine with leggings and a big cozy sweater. Boots are hard to organize, but for the rest of my shoes I bought those clear plastic shoe boxes and am in love with them!

Courtney Erin said...

I love those boots...for reals, you need to get a pair. And I'm basically just jealous of your whole shoe collection. Much for impressive than mine. And better organized, actually.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Ly said...

I'm completely jealous of your shoe collection!

http://www.lyzhang.com

Fashion Meets Food said...

Hello amazing closet and lovely shoes! I seriously need my own room for shoes and boots!

xo

Ashleigh said...

Ask away, that's the best thing about blogging - everyone else's fabulous ideas! Although for this one, I'm in the same shoe storage boat as you. Hopefully some creative folks can help us out... As for an outfit I think these would be adorable with a ditzy print flowy skirt, tights and cozy sweater.

sacramento said...

I adore boots, too. I never have enough skirts or boots, lol.
Much love, dear friend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

OMG your shoe closet is amazing!!! Total dream for me. And love your Minnetonka's! You're on a boot buying spree. A girl after my own heart :) xoxo

love jenny xoxo said...

I need to figure out a shoe plan... your's is much better than mine, my shoes are all over the place!

XOXO

Katsuumi said...

Nicccce boots ;)

la petite coquine said...

LOVE the Minnetonkas-they're perfect for Thanksgiving. Or is that horribly weird/offensive? Maybe it's both!

xoxo, dania said...

oh im so jealous of your closet! im a huge boot fan too so i envy all of yours!!

http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

LyddieGal said...

Your shoe storage is pretty impressive - I wish mine were that good. The only way I'm getting more room is if I get rid of some shoes.

Chic on the Cheap

Katsuumi said...

Thanks ;) I follow you now. If you want, you can do the same ;)