September 9, 2011

Friend Friday - An Outfit Based on a Song

Friend Friday
The Fashion Beauty Friend Friday group was created by Katy over at Modly ChicFor the first and third week of each month Katy puts together a set of questions and on Friday if you want to participate, you answer them on your blog and link back up at Modly ChicOn the other weeks, FBFF will be doing a Visual Friend Friday. 

For this week's Visual Friend Friday the topic is an outfit based on a favorite song.

I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here


And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
 
Now I see it everyday
And I know 
That I am the luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on a street where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?


And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know 
That I am the luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you
Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

With our recent anniversary still on my mind, I picked my wedding dress and the song is "The Luckiest", which was sung at our wedding. 

If you're interested in FBFF, go to Modly Chic for more information then e-mail Katy if you want to join the group.

33 comments:

Erin said...

THAT is soo crazy Katie! "The Luckiest" is my boyfriend and my song! It's awkward and beautiful, and sweet all at the same time!

xx

Erin @ http://trufflesnruffles.com/

Josie said...

Katie, this is SO sweet. I love all of your beautiful wedding photos and they fit so nicely with this song!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Bad Joan said...

Gorgeous post!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com
http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

Miss Caitlin S. said...

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful bride!

Rakhshanda said...

soooooo sweet..you are looking gorgeous

kcomekarolina said...

cute!!!


xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Love that first pic. You look amazing!

Audrey Allure said...

This is such a sweet post :) You looked absolutely stunning.

Closet Fashionista said...

Awww I love this! You look so beautiful! :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Courtney Erin said...

Those photos are so lovely and you look drop dead gorgeous!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

la petite coquine said...

Katie, these photos are absolutely stunning-what a beautiful bride you made!

BethieTheBoo said...

So sweet! You're a goregous bride! I love Ben Folds - that is a wonderful song.

Torrie said...

Just beautiful.

(He's pretty lucky too :).)

cbenavides said...

What a beautiful post- beautiful pictures and beautiful lyrics!!

Jessica said...

I was a little teary eyed reading this post! So sweet and you were a gorgeous bride. :-)

Thick Threads said...

such gorgeous pictures! I love this :) made me smile :) you look absolutely beautiful

xo
A_Riot
www.thickthreads.net

Rebekah said...

Such a good song! The Luckiest is also my friend and her husband's song. You were a gorgeous bride--I love your lace dress!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Ahhh I have goosebumps!!! That is so beautiful and your wedding photos are just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us, sweetie :) xoxo

Shopgirl said...

Such a lovely post. The words and pictures go together perfectly. Those photos are so gorgeous :)

Mimi said...

awww, oh my gosh, that is so cute! i was smiling throughout the whole post. and i loved seeing some of your wedding photos! :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
$25 Apothica Gift Card Giveaway :)

Kimberlee said...

Omg you almost made me tear up! Beautiful pictures and a beautiful song :)

Gayle said...

You were such a beautiful bride! I really love your dress - the lace is gorgeous! Great song choice too. :)

Joanne Faith said...

Wow that is gorgeous!! You look incredible! & lovely song selection to. All in all... lovely job piecing this together :)

Anna said...

What a gorgeous post Katie. I had to go and youtube this song as the lyrics sounded so sweet and its SUCH a lovely song. These pics are beyond beautiful too - there is something magical about a bride on her wedding day and the pics are no exception.

Anna xo

http://lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com/

Jenny @ Spry On The Wall said...

Awww, you were such a beautiful bride - just glowing in these pictures. Gorgeous!

Shea said...

This was such a sweet post! You look beautiful on your wedding day Katie!

xoxo, dania said...

wow you look wonderful! what a beautiful bride!

http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

Faye said...

awww thats so beautiful and so are you :) Love your wedding pictures xx

Jess said...

oh my gosh! You looked so pretty! My friend that got married in May almost played that song at her wedding too!

justtrendy.net said...

Love these adorable pictures <3 :)

adimpleate said...

You're so beautiful!!! Gorgeous dress and love the song. Your husband definitely is the luckiest man in the world.
Thanks for participating this week FBFF.

J.

Megan said...

hello gorgeous! you look stunning!!!!!!

Megan Black said...

I was there!! You were gorgeous and still are!! Love this post, Katie!