September 6, 2011

Vegas - The Anniversary

This is the last Vegas post - promise!
One thing you can do at the Venetian is take a gondola ride through the property. When's a better time to take a cheesy gondola ride than your anniversary?
They have all kinds of souvenirs like venetian masks. I have a mask from Venice that Jared bought me on a business trip and the ones from the Venetian in Vegas are far more expensive. Go figure. 
Dress - Banana Republic, Shoes - BCBGeneration, Ring - House of Harlow, Necklace - American Eagle, Clutch - Banana Republic
The dress I finally decided on for our anniversary. I promptly got a stain on it at dinner and then tried to further ruin it once we got home by throwing it in the washing machine (it's hand wash). I don't know what's wrong with me. 
5 years :) (I took another picture with my hair covering the messed up eye, but whatever. It is what it is. And now it's on display. :) )
We had dinner at Kokomo's at the Mirage then went to see the Cirque du Soleil show The Beatles Love, which is also at the Mirage. It was amazing and a perfect anniversary night.
Dress - Old Navy, Belt - Michael Kors, Shoes - White House Black Market, Bracelets - Chan Luu, Clutch - J. Crew
After we got back to the Venetian we decided to go to Lavo. Ok, I decided. Jared had no interest in going to a club, but we had free passes to get in, it was the last night, I figured we should go to a club in Las Vegas. 
I think we stayed for 30 minutes. Hey, at least we went.

17 comments:

Miss Caitlin S. said...

how cute! The eye isn't that bad, especially if you're having a reaction - it's true, it is what it is! Everyone can relate to that type of stuff so good for you for just rocking it. I love the outfits and I always (well a lot) wash things incorrectly and just hope they turn out. I'm jealous you saw the Beatles show, I have wanted to do that.

Mimi said...

you are looking great! i've always wanted to ride that gondola ride, maybe next time! ;)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
$25 Apothica Gift Card Giveaway :)

Amanda said...

You look great!! Thanks for sharing!!

Closet Fashionista said...

Love both of the outfit! And oooh a gondola ride sounds so fun!
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Love all the outfits. Nice packing ;)

My Dressy Ways said...

Hotness! Great Vegas outfits!

janettaylor said...

Love the first outfit!

Courtney Erin said...

I love that all grey look - so elegant! And I really, really want a gondola ride now...

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

cbenavides said...

As awesome as a trip to Vegas is, I'm way more interested in your outfits. You looked awesome pretty much every day of this trip! I love your beautiful grey outfit- classy and sexy all at the same time :)

Josie said...

You look AWESOME, Katie! I love that black dress, and the silver one looks absolutely amazing on you!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Couture Carrie said...

Fab post!
Love Vegas!

Happy Anniversary!

xoxox,
CC

la petite coquine said...

You look so fantastic-perfect outfit after even more divine look! So glad you guys enjoyed Vegas and each other!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

You look hot!!! Love both of your dresses. And a gondola ride at the Venetian is the perfect thing to do on your anniversary. Makes me want to hop right on a plane :) xoxo

Grace said...

I need to go back to Vegas! So fun!

Love Grace

Shea said...

That sounds like an amazing time, and you look gorgeous in that gray/silver dress!! I hope it didn't get ruined! (Oh, and isn't the Cirque du Soleil Love amazing? My husband and I saw that on our honeymoon 5 years ago, and I want to see it again!)

this free bird said...

I love these pics--girl you look amazing!! That dress with the silver sparkly bottom is so cute...um can it be saved?? xo

Jessica said...

Your first outfit is especially gorgeous!