October 3, 2011

Fall Shopping - Gap

When I went to buy the Minnetonka boots off Piperlime, Gap was having a 35% off sale for the weekend. That's a sign, right? Thought so.
Pintucked cowl-back top
This is the top I wore to our 10 year reunion. The Gap/Piperlime box arrived on Thursday and I wore this on Saturday. FYI, that's probably a record for fastest I've ever worn something. While I have plenty of long sleeved t's (thanks J. Crew and Gap), I don't have a huge number of any other long sleeved shirts, so that's a category where I'm looking to make a few purchases this season. 

Faux leather-trimmed zip jacket
I don't love the look of this zipped up, but seeing a picture with it unzipped made me look at it entirely different. Another area I lack in is jackets to wear with outfits (as opposed to outerwear jackets). I figured  I could get a lot of mileage out of this, and I love the leather trim detailing.

Crinkle tank
Woven trim cami
Now I didn't need either of the last two tops but 1) they were dirt cheap since they were on sale then 35% off 2) since I can use them as layering pieces I can wear them year round.

Making careful, thought out purchases instead of my normal impulse shopping is requiring a lot more effort but hopefully it's going to pay off in the end. What have you bought for fall so far? And how do you shop?

24 comments:

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

I totally have an incubation period for new clothing - is it weird that I like to maintain the newness?

I think you already know that I have a running ideAl wardrobe list. I try to really think about what I need and not get bought in by cuteness or sales (which is hard!)

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Miss Caitlin S. said...

I like everything here and I like that jacket zipped-up too! I think it's cute. Well, lately, I haven't been shopping much. I'm trying to enjoy the multitude of clothes I have but when I do shop it's usually for dresses and I'm in and out on a lunch break. :)

Josie said...

I love that jacket! I have to pick up another pair of Gap skinnies.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

this free bird said...

Katie I love that pink top. It's so nice!! I'm in a total conundrum for fall. The weather's in the 80's and all I want to wear is shorts. Help!! I know you deal with this every year. Blah

xo,
C

Collette Osuna said...

Awesome jacket...love it:) Have a good week!

Michelle's Style File said...

Great pieces here!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Oooh loving all your buys!! :D Gotta love a sale :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Miss Molly said...

fantastic selections

http://missmollyfashions.blogspot.com/

Courtney Erin said...

Looks like you got some great pieces - I really love that jacket, even zipped up. You'll have to throw out some outfit posts.


xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Elle Sees said...

I need more long sleeve shirts too. I have lots of tees, but not dressy tops.

Gertrude said...

I haven't really shopped anything for Fall yet... but will do so very very soon. The crinkle top is simple yet chic.

Lola said...

Definitely a sign! haha, love it when that happens! XX

Taj Acosta said...

Cute stuff! love the first long sleeve! xo -Taj

My Dressy Ways said...

I've done TOO much shopping already. But it included a splurge on some much needed (and much hunted) cognac boots.

I also need more long sleeved shirts/blouses too. I've put myself on a sleeveless shirt ban. :) WAAAAAAY too many of those. I think it's a retail strategy to get us to buy cardis and blazers for work. Well. I'm not longer fooled. (For now.)

Satin And Salt said...

I used to work at the gap and it became very clear very early on that i was abusing my discount to the fullest extent. love your selections!

-Nico

Coco Draws said...

I love the first one! :)

Kavery said...

I'd love me a nice, zippered jacket like that to keep the warmth in and the cold out

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Oooh great buys! It was so a sign. That's how I would have taken it too :)

I've just been buying accessories so far this fall. I just bought another Love Quotes scarf on Friday. I really need to buy some clothes... :) xoxo

Punctuation Mark said...

they have the best sales all the time!

Shea said...

I love that pink shirt you bought--the details make it stand out! I just found some great sales at Gap this weekend too. I love a good sale!

Isabel said...

i love the jacket but i also tend not to do up things like that

Karee said...

Love these selections! Gap and Piperlime are the best!!

Jess said...

A sale? At the Gap? Did I miss it? I'm on my way! <3 Jess

Kristin said...

I'm usually a thinker when it comes to shopping...but sometimes that comes back to bite me and I miss out!