October 17, 2011

"I'm never going to be taken down by the first person..."

We had another busy weekend, this time traveling to Nashville to visit my sister.

We ate at Burger Up Friday night (really good and apparently Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban have been seen there. Not on Friday night, though)...

Spent Saturday afternoon shopping at Anthropologie and Nordstrom...

Watched Alabama roll over Ole Miss 52-7 on Saturday night...

Helped my sister find shoes for the wedding she's in next weekend (these are the ones she picked)...

...then headed back to Birmingham Sunday night. Overall, a very good weekend - especially a nice 52-7 victory over an SEC school. Ole Miss scored their 7 in the opening drive. When we played Florida a couple of weeks ago we won 38-10 and they also scored 7 in their opening drive. Next week we play Tennessee and a reporter asked the Tennessee head coach how they were going to prepare. His response? "Don't score first. It pisses them off."

How was your weekend?

*Post title is a quote is from Alabama player Trent Richardson, a Heisman Trophy candidate.  He says his strength provides him with the ability to "run folks over", "I throw them off of me", and "I'm never going to be taken down by the first person". 
I like that.

19 comments:

Tulips & Tulle said...

Great post! That burger looks delish!

Tulips&Tulle

Collette Osuna said...

Sounds like a nice weekend..love those shoes!!!


Statements in Fashion: A Funky Little Fashion Blog

Closet Fashionista said...

That sounds like such an awesome weekend!!!! Wooohooo for all the excitement :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Those are so cute!

Tiffany said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Love the shoes your sister picked out!

Elle Sees said...

I went home to see my fam for a pre birthday party. I went stargazing, shopping, and held my breath as UGA almost lost to Vandy. FL game is coming up and thats the one I live for each year.

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

I see you've had the most enjoyable weekend. Mine was very relaxing. Caught up on loads of sleep and reading.

janettaylor said...

Love those shoes!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Courtney Erin said...

I graded exams all weekend and am terribly envious of your weekend...

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Ashleigh said...

Oh I loved living in Nashville. That mall where Anthro & Nordstrom is where I started my career and those 2 stores definitely weren't there when I was! Fab shoes. Hubster and I were sick all weekend, bummer.

Lindsay With An "A" said...

Aw yay! You were in Nashville! We are glad to be back! The new Nordstrom is amazing, huh?? And my husband and I LOVE Burger Up!! Thanks for following me on Twitter. I am following you now, too!

DiamondsandTulle said...

Cute wedding shoes! Sounds like a wonderful sisterly weekend!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

Thick Threads said...

hey cool you went to nashville! i have never been there. You always just hear awesome things about nashville though. Sounds like you had fun. that burger and those wedges look deeeeelish! yumm! :) and cute shoes for your sister :) had a great weekend aswell! glad you had a fun one too :)

xo

A_Riot

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! And I just love those shoes she picked :) xoxo

la petite coquine said...

Those burgers look DELICIOUS and I'm so glad you guys had a victory! John and I almost left at the half on our Tulsa-UAB game, but all's well that ends with a win!

Josie said...

Yum, that burger looks phenom!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Katherine said...

That burger looks delish and those shoes are lovely - perfect for a wedding too :)

this free bird said...

amen on that quote. everytime i see 'ole miss' i think of the blindside. and then feel like bawling my eyes out. truth.

xo,
c

Pendidikan Nusantara said...

nice info thanks for sharing this articles,visit also Acne Remedies for detail information about acne, or read also about Acne Treatment