October 6, 2011

Making Foundation

we♥it

Ok, I tried to think of a creative post title but obviously that didn't work out. Oh well. Moving on.
As far as makeup goes, foundation is one thing I don't own a ton of. While some things (eyeshadow, blushes) don't go bad, there's a time limit on foundation so I'm not going to buy 10 different kinds for the sake of having a variety of coverages if I'll end up having to throw most of them out. And it turns out, you don't need many.
When we went to Vegas, I didn't want to take my regular foundation and my tinted moisturizer although I knew I'd want both. I ended up taking the regular so I'd have that for night, then during the day I just mixed in a little of my regular moisturizer with it to lighten the coverage. It took 2 seconds and saved me from having to pack another item.
I kept experimenting with this once we got home. Regular liquid foundation has a medium to full coverage and tinted moisturizer has a light coverage, so to get anything in between just mix them however you want. It's seems so obvious, I'm not sure why I never though of it before. I love it though because with your 2 foundations (or one, if you want to just use regular and everyday moisturizer like I did at first) you end up with a ton of variety. Much more wallet friendly then going out and buying a new foundation :)

13 comments:

Miss Caitlin S. said...

I do this too! It works pretty well! Like you, once I thought of it I was like... WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS BEFORE?

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

I should do this with my anthelios sunscreen moisturizer but I've never found a great foundation. Do you like Nars?

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

janettaylor said...

Mhmmmm... I love NARS!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

this free bird said...

I'm so exhausted and delirious I thought the title said Making a Fountain. I immediately thought of chocolate. It's almost the same, right?

xo,
C

Collette Osuna said...

I havent worn foundation in years, but I love NARS makeup:)


Enter my FAB Forever 21 Giveaway!!

Courtney Erin said...

I haven't worn foundation in a really long time but this is a good tip!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Audrey Allure said...

I don't wear foundation but definitely a good idea!

Thick Threads said...

awesome, thanks for the tip! i dont use it much either but when i do its good to know this stuff :)

xo
A_riot

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

It's really the perfect trick :)

Couture Carrie said...

Great idea, darling!

xoxox,
CC

la petite coquine said...

This is an absolute stroke of genius! I normally wear tinted moisturizer because I've come to appreciate my freckles, but a bit more coverage without buying a new product would be divine!

Elle Sees said...

This is one of my favorite tips! But mine is mainly because I'm a cheapie :)

Josie said...

I don't wear foundation but I love this tip... So great to save space and money.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com