October 10, 2011

"This is not the end, this is the beginning..."

If you follow me on TwitterFacebook or anywhere else, you already know we were in Tuscaloosa a lot of the weekend for homecoming festivities. Friday night we went down for dinner and the bonfire (which we missed, but anyway) then Saturday we headed back down for the game. 

Homecoming ticket sitting on my new houndstooth shaker. All the tickets this season have a phrase from the fight song. Don't know the Alabama fight song? For shame. You should.

Perk of a night game (and my in-laws seats in the upper deck) - getting an awesome view of the sunset from Bryant Denny. 

Extra point kick after a touchdown. I was actually able to get a picture of the touchdown thanks to the iPhone camera being super fast, but someone in the row in front of me jumped up just as I took it. Oh well. 

Yeah, the game is still going on. We won 34-0 so it wasn't exactly a nail biter. And yes, I know I apparently look like hell but football games make for long days. This would have been, like, 9:00 at night. There's my excuse. 

Definitely a fun weekend! I'll have a What I'm Wearing... post later in the week from Friday's outfit. I always love going down for homecoming, seeing the decorations (the sororities do lawn decorations - hard to explain, but always worth seeing), and just being in Tuscaloosa :)


Getting to see that in person in Bryant Denny is always a plus, too.
Roll Tide - hope everyone else had a great weekend :)

"I want everybody here to know, this is not the end. This is the beginning." - Nick Saban after Alabama won the 2009 BCS National Championship.

All pictures are from my Instagram. 

15 comments:

Josie said...

Katie, you know me and college football -- we had a good weekend over here too! Glad you had fun!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Kristin said...

That sounds like so much fun! I would love to go back for a Homecoming game!

this free bird said...

Freaking 34-zip?! They blew it out of the water!!

I don't think you look like hell--you look super happy. And wear those boots with a dress and jean jacket. Do you have a simple black dress, maybe jersey? And a jean jacket (you know me and the jean jackets) or something similar. It's a good start with the fringe.

or leggings and a tunic. once you start you won't be able to stop!!

xo,
c

Collette Osuna said...

Cute photo!!! Looks like fun:)
Happy Monday!!


Statements in Fashion:A Funky Fashion Blog

Closet Fashionista said...

Weee! So much fun! I don't like watching football on tv but its so fun being there in person :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Elle Sees said...

i was so glad that GA beat TN and that Auburn lost! Loved it!

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

i love that sunset pic! so, so pretty.

Courtney Erin said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Love the photo of the two of you!


xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Torrie said...

Always love seeing your football pics :). And you do NOT look like hell... quite the opposite.

janettaylor said...

Sounds like fun!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Ashleigh said...

fun pics! the one with the sunset is amaaaazing! sounds like a fun-tabulous weekend!

Fashion Meets Food said...

Sounds like such a wonderful time! I love college football season.

xo

la petite coquine said...

You've got to love a good game of football, especially when your team wins!

Fashion Tales.... said...

Love this post, my mother just moved to Alabama, seems quite interesting to me how much everyone is such a die hard fan, I love that! Great photos! I'm dying to go to a game one day in the future.

meghan said...

Roll Tide! Love the direction of this season! And I love your houndstooth shaker. I can't wait to be able to go to a game again...don't think it's going to happen this season...oh well.