November 11, 2011

Friend Friday - No Makeup (!!!)

Friend Friday
The Fashion Beauty Friend Friday group was created by Katy over at Modly ChicFor the first and third week of each month Katy puts together a set of questions and on Friday if you want to participate, you answer them on your blog and link back up at Modly ChicOn the other weeks, FBFF will be doing a Visual Friend Friday.


This week's Visual Friend Friday is a picture of you with no makeup. 



Ok, so the point of this week's Visual Friend Friday was probably to take an up close picture of yourself with no makeup and post it, but I don't have a picture like that on my computer and if a camera flashed in my face right now I'd scream bloody murder and attack whoever took the picture. (I'm still in a slight bit of pain from the surgery if that wasn't clear.) So I thought I'd use this post to make the point a different way. I'm not wearing makeup in any of the above pictures (obviously, hence the title of the post). It's not weird for me to leave the house with no makeup. Yes, I love it. Yes, I have a ton of it. Yes, I love to sit at my vanity and put on makeup. But I don't do that every day and I have no desire to. And I don't think you have to. You can look entirely put together and ready to face the world without a bit of makeup on. Put on something that makes you feel good, throw on some accessories, wear some big sunglasses and you're set. Victoria Beckham is famous for saying that big sunglasses cover a multitude of sins. You want to argue with that? Because I don't. And if anyone tries to take my big sunglasses away from me I'll also scream bloody murder and attack them. 

If you're interested in FBFF, go to Modly Chic for more information then e-mail Katy if you want to join the group.

20 comments:

Josie said...

With you on the sunnies. They're saviors.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

janettaylor said...

Super chic!

Thick Threads said...

you look great without makeup! :) im loving that mustard sweater! you look super cute :)

xo
A_Riot

Collette Osuna said...

I think you look AOK with no makeup....come Sat morning? Im wear NONE all weekend, unless I have plans...who cares I say? If they see me at Krogers are they going to not be my friend? lol...makeup is kinda overrated anyways:)
Hope you are feeling better girl!


Enter my Icelandic Design Knit Hat Giveaway!!

Closet Fashionista said...

I agree! During the week I usually wear it, at least the first few days until I get tired of putting it on. Then on the weekends I go bare unless I'm going somewhere special :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

You crack me up. Sorry you are still in pain. Hopefully back to good next week. Hang in there.

Courtney Erin said...

I usually wear makeup whenever I go out but just a sweep of powder, concealer where it's needed, some eyeliner and mascara - no foundation or anything. And as soon as I get home it all comes off and I go bare.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Bonnie said...

You look gorgeous no matter what! I really like this week's topic. I think it is perfect because it communicates a positive message about female physical appearance.

That being said, I always feel more comfortable with makeup on. It's a thing.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

la petite coquine said...

You crack me up, you fresh faced beauty! My makeup goal is to always look like I'm not wearing any, so why not skip it all together!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

You look fabulous sans makeup!!! And I totally agree with you although I don't admit to it much. I want people to wear makeup everyday so I can keep my job :) LOL

Have a great weekend, Katie! xoxo

Jess said...

Love it! I have been trying to wear less make up since it is better for your skin but... sometimes its hard! Love those red shoes, and who is that puppy in the third picture??? Have a great weekend girl!!!!

Jenny @ Spry On The Wall said...

Amen, sunglasses are a life saver some days! Before I had a kid I never left the house without makeup, now I do it more often than not :o)

Couture Carrie said...

Love the belts!

xoxox,
CC

Kimberlee said...

lmao love the VB quote - big sunglasses are perfect after a long flight too! Aw hope you are recovering from your surgery quickly :)

Jess said...

Love the bright colored sweaters! Perfect for fall...

Kavery said...

Ha ha I hear you on the no make up and big sunnies. I can't drive if I don't have sunnies on! Go figure!

Kavery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Punctuation Mark said...

you look fantastic!

Have a nice week!

Marion said...

Yes! Sunnies are my savior for so many Saturday mornings! :-)

And you look amazing here. I love the idea that you don't need to hide behind make-up to greet the world :-)
Although a little mascara never hurts...!

XO - Marion

Pendidikan Nusantara said...

nice info thanks for sharing this articles,visit also Acne Remedies for detail information about acne, or read also about Acne Treatment