November 10, 2011

Gift Guide - Mix & Match

I know what you're thinking. Gift Guides? Already? Are you crazy?
Um, no. I've just had an exorbitant amount of free time the past week or so to do nothing but sit around and start coming up with things like ideas for Christmas gifts. Ignore the crazy and just reap the benefits of my OCD tendencies, ok? Ok. 
The gift sets that Sephora, Ulta, etc. come out with this time of year are insane, and a great deal.  Take a look:
Sweet Kisses & Merry Wishes™ Set ($70 Value) - $36
Buxom Mix & Mingle ($72 Value) - $39

Stila Lip Glaze Set ($110 Value) - $25
Pacifica Magic Carpet Ride ($50 Value) - $25
L'Occitane Hand Cream Confections ($50 Value) - $40
Sephora by OPI Four Piece Full Size Nail Colour Set ($38 Value) - $28
Since gift sets are always packaged so cute, they're great as gifts just on their own. Since you usually get several things in one set though, I like to break them up. Buy a couple of sets, take a couple of things from each one, add in something like a Starbucks gift card and you can make several gift baskets/bags for presents. 
Not a bad idea, right? 

22 comments:

this free bird said...

i love gift sets and always give away the fresh ones...and now i want that stila set. look out!

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

Not a bad idea indeed;-)
Must confess I adore those sparkly looking nail varnish colours. So festive;-)

Miss Caitlin S. said...

i'm a big fan of them since I don't have to do much extra stuff beyond that!

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh yes, that's a good idea. I may have to do that for gifts =)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Courtney Erin said...

I always love getting a good gift set as a present...and I love all of these, especially all the sparkle polishes.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

I love the L'O can't cream. Love. That gift set is great.

Collette Osuna said...

Id LOVE the first set....love Philosophy!!!

Never to early to shop in my book, lol

Enter my Icelandic Design Knit Hat Giveaway!!

My Dressy Ways said...

You think like me. :) I'm already shopping for my gift list, I refuse to shop Christmas Eve AND the last week before Christmas.

Laura said...

Oh excellent values in this post!! Thanks for sharing :)

Jess said...

Yes and Yes! Makeup is always a great gift giver! Thanks for the inspiration!

la petite coquine said...

Don't hate on the gift guides-(fingers crossed) I'll be sharing some next week! Of course, I've been buying gifts since July, so...

Couture Carrie said...

I neeeeeed those glosses!

xoxox,
CC

Kristin said...

I know a certain someone who would LOVE that L'Occitane set!

Josie said...

I love the idea of breaking them up! So fun. And that Stila lip gloss set is a great deal!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Kavery said...

Never too early to plan great gifts. The trees are up in most malls now!

Ellen said...

Wow, thanks for sharing! I'm looking at some of these things for friends (and me haha) Looking forward to following your blog :)

www.seizethestyle.blogspot.com

xoxo
Ellen

Paper Doll said...

great idea! might have to steal it for my coworkers :)

love kelly


www.paperdolltheory.com
click here to enter our giveaway!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Not a bad idea at all! I love these. Unfortch all of my friends and family don't see these as appropriate gifts because they think I get them for free which is so not the case! :) xoxo

STYLE'N said...

Oooh fun fun fun! I love giving and receiving gift sets for the holidays!

Elle Sees said...

love a GOOD gift set, like these.

LyddieGal said...

Gift basket sets sound super fun. And of course than no one will be able to return it if they don't like it, bwahahaha.

Chic on the Cheap

Pendidikan Nusantara said...

nice info thanks for sharing this articles,visit also Acne Remedies for detail information about acne, or read also about Acne Treatment