November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween (a day late)

Since I knew I wasn't going to get to enjoy Halloween we "celebrated" ahead of time. We got both pumpkins carved over the weekend (took longer than expected, but whatever), and on Sunday night took pictures of the pumpkins and August in his Halloween attire.
First, the pumpkins:
The Alabama A with a football etched behind it. 

For the second one Jared etched out an elephant and Roll Tide, then I filled them in with glue and glitter.  For both pumpkins I did a combination of drawing the designs with dry erase marker (it wipes off) and outlining the design with an x-acto knife, then Jared did the carving. Teamwork.

August in the Halloween shirt (that you can't really see - it has a pumpkin on the back that glows in the dark). It's a small miracle he actually sat there and let me take a picture.

...then the bumblebee costume! He won't cooperate to let the hood of the costume stay on his head. Animals. Difficult to work with.


How was your Halloween? Also, thank you all so much for all the comments, Tweets, etc. yesterday and throughout everything with the surgeries. Yesterday went really well, and I'm home and so far not having to take anything but Tylenol. I'll see the eye doctor in a few hours for the first post-op appointment then it's back to the couch for a day of resting :)

14 comments:

Josie said...

How cute are those pumpkins? I love the sparkly one! And I'm so glad that your surgery went well, Katie!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Yayyy for still being able to celebrate! That bee costume is adorable, hehe
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Courtney Erin said...

Okay, that bee costume is too adorable. I'm trying to convince my helpmeet to let me buy a taco costume for one of my cats before our costume this weekend...he's not going for it.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Elle Sees said...

mine was a bumblebee too!
i'm totally not surprised by the pumpkins ;)
mine was so uneventful...no one showed=more candy for me!
Enter my Sift! Dessert Giveaway

la petite coquine said...

Your pumpkins are BADASS, but I'm even happier to hear you're feeling ok and the surgery went well!

cbenavides said...

I'm so glad you are doing okay today! I'm sorry you had to wake up to the news of the Kardashian/Humphries divorce..... I'm sure it was a HUGE shock.....

Love your pumpkins and August is the cutest bumblebee ever!!

love jenny xoxo said...

awww August is so cute is his costume!!! And nice job on the pumpkins!

XOXO

Ashleigh said...

Aaaah I DIE for doggie's in bee costumes! I don't what it is that makes me squeeeeal!

Glad to hear you're doing well. Take care & rest those peepers!

Savvy Gal said...

Hope you had a fabulous Halloween. : )

Miss Caitlin S. said...

August is so cute and I LOVE the football carvings!! I'm glad your surgery went okay :) I really have had eye surgery twice so I feel you!

Annie said...

Such a cute post and so glad you're doing well!!

Fashion Meets Food said...

Hope you had a Happy Halloween gorgeous!

xo

Jenny @ Spry On The Wall said...

Cute pumpkins! August is adorable!!!

Pendidikan Nusantara said...

nice info thanks for sharing this articles,visit also Acne Remedies for detail information about acne, or read also about Acne Treatment