November 15, 2011

Listen.

After nearly 2 weeks of barely leaving the house, I was starting to go stir crazy by Friday. We did get out of the house for a date night, which was great, but it only made me make endless lists of all the things I needed to do and places I wanted to go over the weekend to get caught up on everything I feel so behind on right now. When I woke up Saturday at 7am in 'whenisthisevergoingtoendjustripthedamneyeoutofmyheadkthanks' pain, plans were changed. The weekend ended up more like this:


The dogs* are big fans of a lazy weekend, so I followed suit. We laid around, napped, watched football, then napped a little more. Is it what I had planned? No. But sometimes you should listen to what your body is telling you to do. And sometimes when you're stubborn and try to ignore it, it'll force you to listen. So there's that lesson for the day. Enjoy :)

*You all know August, and the black and white dog is Coco - my parents dog. They were visiting my sister so Coco was here for a couple of nights. Coco has popped up on the blog before, and is the dog that some of you asked about who was in the pictures last Friday :)

18 comments:

Marie said...

I know what you mean, I had to rest all weekend too.:D

Happy Tuesday, Katie!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com
Giveaway: Shabby Apple Da Vinci Dress

Josie said...

Oh, Katie, I hope you're feeling better soon!
xo Josie

FashionJazz said...

Soo cute!! Hope you feel better soon xx

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

So true. Sometimes you just have to relax and let things be (hard because I love to plan and do a lot during the weekend!'

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Collette Osuna said...

Lazy weekends are my ultimate fav,until I realize Sunday night Ive done absolutely nothing, hehehehe

A Funky Little Fashion Blog

Closet Fashionista said...

I love lazy weekends! But it stinks when being in pain is the cause of them :(
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Courtney Erin said...

I hope the pain has subsided a bit...spending a weekend hanging out with 2 cute doggies seems not too shabby though.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Jess said...

Well, it sounds like a perfect day! But hope you feel better soon :(

Torrie said...

i couldn't agree more. (especially when it tells me to rest instead of clean my house)

Couture Carrie said...

Adorable pups!

xoxox,
CC

Couture Carrie said...

Adorable pups!

xoxox,
CC

la petite coquine said...

Always, always listen to your body-such wise advice!

Little Ms. Fun said...

I'm all for lazy weekends! I would listen to your pooch...who is ADORABLE by the way :)

I just read through a few of your recent entries. Your blog is amazing! I'll be following :)

Elle Sees said...

I did the same...just got my hair done, grocery shopped, and laughed at auburn getting whooped. You know, the usual....

Thick Threads said...

aw man i hope you get better soon!!!!!! sooner than soon! i know its hard staying home so long! but seems like you had a cozy weekend after all :)

xo

a_Riot

Style Savvy Chic said...

These pups are so sweet!! Love the little sweaters. They look so comfortable in them.

STYLE. SAVVY. CHIC.
http://stylesavvychic.blogspot.com/

this free bird said...

this brings a whole new meaning to dog day afternoon. the best!!

Pendidikan Nusantara said...

nice info thanks for sharing this articles,visit also Acne Remedies for detail information about acne, or read also about Acne Treatment