November 28, 2011

Sick Day

we♥it

How was everyone's long weekend? Ours was going well (double Thanksgiving on Thursday, houseful of people to watch Bama win the Iron Bowl on Saturday) until I got sick. A sore throat and cough during the game very quickly turned into a fever and shortness of breath Saturday night. After the 2nd episode of gasping for air and not being able to catch my breath, we landed in the ER in the middle of the night so I could get a breathing treatment. Ahh, bronchitis. Fun times.
Look, frankly the weekend had been low key and my immune system just won't stand for boredom of any kind. Plus Jared, my aunt, uncle and now my Mom had been sick and it just gets jealous when there are germs around. I can't help this. 
Anyway, now I'm stuck laying around which results in the Christmas decorations being put up at a snail's pace. Should be done by New Year's. Maybe. If you don't mind, cross your fingers that the breathing treatment, steroid shot and 5 (yes, 5) prescriptions knock this out. I have a bad history of things getting a lot worse before they get better and I'm not in the mood for that right now.

16 comments:

Josie said...

YUCK, I'm so sorry, Katie. Hope you feel better very, very soon!
xo Josie

Miss Caitlin S. said...

ugh, I'm sorry!!! What a freaking pain. Rest up little one, sounds like you need it.

this free bird said...

Woman keep on getting your rest. I think the dog can handle putting up the decorations. He looked adorable adorned in his string of lights! Hang in there. xo

Collette Osuna said...

Hope you feel better soon...that kinda sucks hunnie:(

A Funky Little Fashion Blog

Closet Fashionista said...

UGH! Feel better soon!!!! Being sick is pooey

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

You poor thing! Feel better soon and I hope you at least get good rest!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Hope you are better soon!!!! I have a touch of a cold and a trying to fight it off. Rather than get 100% sick I think I'm going to be 25% sick all winter. Ugh.

Courtney Erin said...

Feel better! That sounds seriously awful...

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Nicole said...

I hope you feel batter soon!
Love your blog :)
http://blog.diamondsanddust.co.za

la petite coquine said...

Your cold makes my cold sound like a total pussy. Let's both get better quick, okay?

Kavery said...

Oh no that's sounds bad. Better take some rest so you're ready for Xmas when it rolls around.

Elle Sees said...

get bettah! you gotta cheer on the Dawgs!! and take zinc. i swearrrrr by it. if i get a cold it always turns into bronc or pneu, but i started taking zinc the seond i felt bad and it's always stopped it of halved the time of it.

Jenny @ Spry On The Wall said...

Here's hoping you feel better soon! Xoxo

cbenavides said...

Do germs have no common courtesy?? I was sick over Thanksgiving too! Luckily I didn't have to go to the hospital, but I couldn't taste all the delicious food thanks to being completely stuffed up. I'm really sorry you got so ill. I hope you are better soon!!

the gorgeous said...

hope you're better.. take care.
great blog

Pendidikan Nusantara said...

nice info thanks for sharing this articles,visit also Acne Remedies for detail information about acne, or read also about Acne Treatment