November 4, 2011

Welcome to North Carolina


Last week I went to Charlotte, NC with Jared on his business trip. It was good to get away for a few days before I had surgery and it's fun to see a city you've never been to before. 

I spent part of an afternoon at the Mint Museum since they have a Chanel exhibit right now. Definitely worth seeing :)

More surgery shopping/souvenirs. A Chanel magnet from the museum, Sephora goodies, and Armani Eyes to Kill mascara from Neiman Marcus. South Park mall was an excellent recommendation, so thanks to everyone who told me I should go there :) The last thing I need is makeup, and I fully intended to get nothing from Sephora this month minus one purchase from the Friends & Family sale (I'll post about that later), but all the gift sets they start putting out this time of year suck me in. The prices are too good.

PS - Dear Birmingham (or state of Alabama in general), 
Get a Nordstrom. Or Neiman Marcus.
Seriously.
Love,
Me.

The lovely hotel Jared's company paid for did not have any adequate space for me to put on makeup. (It also didn't have decent WiFi or a TV made in this century, but I digress). No worries. I can make a vanity out of a clean (I hope) hand towel and 3 pillows. I'm like MacGyver that way. 

Our last night we had dinner at Black Finn - another recommendation from the blog. (Thanks Ashleigh!)

So you might be wondering why there's not more pictures. Well, I forgot my camera. Yep. So this is what I got with the iPhone and Instagram. Luckily those 2 things are a decent substitute for forgetting your camera. That's what I'm telling myself, anyway.

21 comments:

Josie said...

So glad you had a little fun before your surgery, Katie! It sounds like a great trip!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Mimi said...

it's great to know that you were able to squeeze in a bit of fun time before the surgery! :)

p.s. that chanel exhibit sounds fun!

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Collette Osuna said...

A Chanel museum?? Nuff said....lol

Happy Friday!!

Enter my Icelandic Design Knit Hat Giveaway!!

Jenny @ Spry On The Wall said...

Oh I might need to make the trip up there for the exhibit. Glad you had a good time - next time hit up Raleigh - it's pretty darn awesome!

Closet Fashionista said...

AHH! A Chanel exhibit!? I wanna go, ha ha. I should go visit my cousins and then go there ;)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Jess said...

No Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus?! I'm not sure what I would do with myself :)


Glad you had a fabulous trip!

janettaylor said...

Chanel exchibit...YAY! I am jealous!

Elle Sees said...

glad you like NC, I like it too.
I'm excited for the lsu al game this wkend! it's tis wkend, rt? btw LOVED your vodka recc. you win!!

Bonnie said...

The Chanel exhibit sounds like a dream come true. I always used to do something fun before having some kind of nasty surgery, too. It helps with the coping process.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Courtney Erin said...

That exhibit sounds really cool...and I'll take one of those drinks too.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

L0veLindsey said...

Looks like you had fun! I live in NC and Charlotte is the one place I haven't been.. do you recommend going for a weekend? 3 hr drive one way lol, want to make sure it's worth it! Hope everything goes well with the surgery, too!

www.l0velindsey.com

la petite coquine said...

I love these photos-a perfect peek at your trip! Have a wonderful weekend, darling!

Torrie said...

I love your take on "surgery shopping/souvenirs"... and I couldn't agree more :). I hope your recovery is going well. xoxo

Taj Acosta said...

Looks like a pampered time ;) Glad you had a good time. Have a great wknd! xx

Scarlet Letters said...

love Southpark - always enjoyed stopping there during trips to Charlotte!

Hope you're feeling better!!!

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Pre surgery makeup and goodies are totally mandatory. It that sephora sale totally sucked me in. But at least I got some gift shopping done!

How is Recovery going? Hope all is well!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Ashleigh said...

You had me a Chanel exhibit! And you're so welcome - glad you were able to go!

Miss Caitlin S. said...

yum! I would love to go to NC- I've never been to that area at all. I want to go. That cocktail looks nummy.

J. said...

Sounds like a great thing to do before surgery! and a Chanel exhibit, how exciting!

STYLE'N said...

Fun! I was there last weekend for my nephews 1st birthday...the weather was just gorgeous! Hope you had fun.

Pendidikan Nusantara said...

nice info thanks for sharing this articles,visit also Acne Remedies for detail information about acne, or read also about Acne Treatment