December 6, 2011

Christmas Time Is Here...

It took longer than usual (and Jared had to do most of it), but we did get all the Christmas decorations up.

August was a big help, as always.

I can never get good outdoor pictures. Oh well. The lights in the tree and the presents are new additions this year. I saw those light up presents EVERYWHERE last year so of course they were hard to find this year. Of course. 

Some of my favorite ornaments. I like buying an ornament when we go on vacation. Now if I could just always remember to do it...

The guest bedroom

Kitchen

Living room

The living room tree


Most of this was done during the height of the bronchitis debacle, meaning I was passed out on the couch most of the time. I wish I'd been feeling better since I love decorating for Christmas, but I'm very thankful Jared didn't mind doing most of the work this year (ok, he might have minded but if he did he kept that thought to himself). Oh, and I'm totally lying about August being a big help. He was asleep on the couch keeping me company and probably worrying about when I'm going to pull out his Santa outfit. Don't worry. That's coming soon enough. 

All pictures taken with my iPhone then edited in Instagram and Diptic. 

20 comments:

Josie said...

Aw, Jared did a fantastic job helping you out! It looks amazing, Katie!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

sacramento said...

I hope you are feeling better. This decoration is sooooooooooooooo magic.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Your lights are just glorious! I really need to go out and get lights ASAP.

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Collette Osuna said...

Awww, the house looks gorgeous....very festive:) Great job!!!!

A Funky Little Fashion Blog

ttFN said...

looks amazing!! x

Closet Fashionista said...

The house looks amazing! Good job, Jared! :)
That is such a fun idea to buy an ornament on vacation...too bad you didn't post this last Christmas...then I would've gotten ornaments in London and Paris, haha...looks like I'll just have to go again ;)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Love all the nice little decors,,,

My Dressy Ways said...

I love it! So many Christmas-y touches!

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Beautiful! Love those ornaments. I buy on vacation too. I like seeing all the reminders of where we've been.

Courtney Erin said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well but all the decorations look amazing - I love that you have 2 trees!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Couture Carrie said...

So festive!
Love those ornaments!

xoxox,
CC

Torrie said...

Two trees??? (we have a hard enough time doing ONE ;))

It looks absolutely beautiful... so festive, and warm- and I love the lights with the presents under :).

Ashleigh said...

It's like a winter wonderland, love it!! And love the idea of buying ornaments on vacation - brilliant!

alisia E. said...

You're house is so cute and Christmassy =)

i love the festive fun

http://alisialynn.blogspot.com/

Elle Sees said...

Looks great! And I collect an ornament from every country ive visited. Wish I had started that for everywhere I've been! Enter to win 5 shirts from StyleMint!

la petite coquine said...

Your house is always so beautifully decorate-color me envious! And those presents under the tree outside? Definitely worth the hunt!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Yay for Jared! What a guy! Your house looks gorgeous. And now you get to relate and enjoy it all. How perfect is that? :) xoxo

Miss Caitlin S. said...

so cute! But I would expect nothing less.

Jess said...

WOW! I'm impressed! Your house looks gorgeous.

Pendidikan Nusantara said...

nice info thanks for sharing this articles,visit also Acne Remedies for detail information about acne, or read also about Acne Treatment