December 16, 2011

Friend Friday - Christmas

Friend Friday
The Fashion Beauty Friend Friday group was created by Katy over at Modly ChicFor the first and third week of each month Katy puts together a set of questions and on Friday if you want to participate, you answer them on your blog and link back up at Modly ChicOn the other weeks, FBFF will be doing a Visual Friend Friday.

This week we're answering questions about Christmas and holiday traditions.


"Family is family. Whether it's the one you start out with, the one you end up with, or the family you gain along the way. Which makes every day - December 16th."
- Modern Family 


Did anyone see the Christmas episode of Modern Family? I loved it - as usual. I figured the quote was appropriate since today happens to be December 16th, or Express Christmas :) Ok, now the questions!


No holiday party is complete without: If it's a company party, they should all be like the ones on The Office. I doubt they are, but in my head that's true. And this is why I'm sad Jared's company doesn't have a Christmas party. I'm probably the only person in the world who wishes for something like that.
My favorite Christmas song/album: Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer. Seriously. I used to play it constantly when I was little kid. Pretty sure that drove my family crazy, but isn't that what Christmas is all about?
My favorite seasonal recipe: My Mom's Christmas brunch. Sausage and biscuit roll, cheese and garlic grit casserole, quiche - good stuff.
The perfect New Year's Eve outfit includes: Sequins. Sparkle. Lots of jewelry. Champagne.
At the parties, I'll be drinking: See previous question.
Eggnog, good or bad? No one in either of our families makes it.
Did you ever take pictures on Santa's lap at the mall?

Yep.
Gingerbread Latte or Peppermint Mocha: White peppermint mocha, please.
Worst gift I ever got: Nothing I can think of. I was a very lucky kid and always got what I asked for, minus the year I tried to be tricky and asked Santa for a puppy and didn't tell my parents. So that didn't show up.
Best gift I ever received: A lot of things stick out from when I was little. The year I got my first Cabbage Patch Doll, all the Barbie stuff - house, Corvette, Barbie and the Rockers (someone better remember this stuff).
My family has this weird tradition: My family plays Showdown Yahtzee on Christmas Eve. I'm not sure how this started, but it has to happen now.
My best bargain find for a gift this year: I can't talk about what I've bought people this year! I'm not sure who all is reading this...
If I could only buy all my gifts from one place, I'd shop at: Despite how long it's taken this year, I'd still say Amazon. I can knock out so much shopping at one time.
Rudolph the Red-nose Reindeer or Frosty the Snowman: Rudolph.
My favorite holiday memory: Waking up on Christmas morning. My parents had to make a rule that we couldn't get up or wake them up before 5am. I don't know what time we woke them up at to necessitate that rule.
My favorite Christmas movie: Christmas Vacation
The best part about holiday decorations is: Decorating the trees! I love pulling out all the ornaments and getting to go through them.
Rip off the wrapping paper or neatly pull off the tape: Rip it off!
Miracle on 34th Street or It's a Wonderful Life: We used to watch the remake of Miracle on 34th Street when I was little, and I always watch It's a Wonderful Life on TV as an adult. So... both I guess.
It doesn't feel like the holiday season until: I can listen to Christmas music 24/7. Except I guess that's really, like, the beginning of November now - so that, plus Thanksgiving being over.
All I want for Christmas is: like I keep saying, I want to be able to remember to slow down and enjoy everything. So far I'd say it's going pretty well. 




If you're interested in FBFF, go to Modly Chic for more information then e-mail Katy if you want to join the group.

15 comments:

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

I love Christmas music 24/7 and love the season of sequins!
We don't have family traditions but my husband insisted we get a real tree for our first Christmas in our home. It is seriously a 6 foot tall Charlie Brown tree. Sigh. I refused to decorate it because I'm afraid it will fall over.

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Josie said...

Christmas traditions are the BEST. Your mom's brunch sounds so tasty!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Love this one!! :D
(I remember all those things except Rockers, haha)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

I'm kind of missing my company Christmas party. I realize now it was really the only holiday party we went to yearly. I have never even tried egg nog. It sounds nasty to me.

Courtney Erin said...

No one in my family does eggnog neither...I think I may try to make some this year just to say I did it. And I was listening to Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer last night as I wrapped gifts...so I'm with you on that.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Elle Sees said...

i totally had Barbie and the Rockers...it came with a tape!!

Bonnie said...

That "Express Christmas" episode of "Modern Family" made me pee myself. Instant classic.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Krystal said...

unfortunately my company party was NOT like on the office, i can only wish for a jim halpert!! have a great w/e lovely!

la petite coquine said...

This is making me grin about a mile wide–you have me SO in the mood for bubbly and Christmas tunes!

Hannah said...

Great post!

xoxo, H
http://givemeglamourplease.blogspot.com

just tututiny said...

Love Xmas traditions! Can't wait to start some with my own kids ;)


Would love it if you visit my blog when you have time ;)

Clara Turbay said...

Stunning blog keep doing it!

MolDiva said...

Great post, so inspirational!
I’m definitely going to have to visit more often.

I hope you can check mine and follow me

www.moldiva.com

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I'm watching Rudolph & Frosty tonight! I'd say Rudolph as well but Frosty is on now and I love it with all my heart too :) xoxo

Pendidikan Nusantara said...

nice info thanks for sharing this articles,visit also Acne Remedies for detail information about acne