January 27, 2012

Friend Friday - New Trends

Friend Friday
The Fashion Beauty Friend Friday group was created by Katy over at Modly Chic.One week each month Katy puts together a set of questions and on Friday if you want to participate, you answer them on your blog and link back up at Modly Chic

This week we're talking about new trends.

image via Google

1. With Fashion week just around the corner, we are all beginning to focus on the upcoming trends for fall. But what about the trends hitting stores now? What are you coveting?
I loved everything about the Chanel Spring/Summer 2012 show. The underwater theme, the colors, Florence singing - absolutely everything.
2. How do you incorporate new trends into your wardrobe?
I don't know that it's something I really spend a lot of effort on. It's not about trying to stay on top of trends, for me it's more trying to use things I already have and not buy something I'm going to be tired of in 2 weeks.
3. What trend are you seeing and not loving?
Is trying to hard a trend? Probably not. It's still my answer.
4. Do you feel the pressure to constantly update your closet with the
latest trends?
Not at all. I buy things if I love them and think I'll get a lot of use out of them.
5. Where do you find inspiration that takes the trend and makes it accessible to you and your personal taste?
Everywhere. Fashion shows, magazines, even just seeing a color combination somewhere that I love. I use Pinterest, my inspiration board in my closet and just try to remember the things that I love then try to find a way to integrate them into my wardrobe, either with pieces I already have or adding some specific pieces and accessories to my closet.

If you're interested in FBFF, go to Modly Chic for more information then e-mail Katy if you want to join the group.

16 comments:

Josie said...

I was all about the Chanel show too -- STUNNING.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Closet Fashionista said...

I'm the same way...sometimes I do get sucked in by trends but ONLY if I'll wear them long after they go out of style, so I guess it's not really being sucked in...
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Bonnie said...

Everything about the Chanel line is amazing to me this season. Seriously, so beautiful.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Heather said...

Yes I'm loving the underwater theme/colors as well. I'm a sucker for light and airy colors as of lately. I'm already starting to break out the pastels.

http://fashionistanygirl.blogspot.com

Courtney Erin said...

I really loved the Channel collections as well - I hope that works it way into some trends this season.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I with you, Katie! And I loved the Chanel show too :)

Have a great weekend! xoxo

Kimberlee Van Der Wall said...

lmao I don't think trying too hard is a trend but it definitely needs to end!

Britt+Whit said...

ooh i love the underwater theme! very excited about those colors! Happy Friday!



love from San Francisco,
Britt+Whit

Couture Carrie said...

Fun Q&A!
Lovely runway selections!

xoxox,
CC

Nanne said...

Chanel is always great! And I love how you keep your answers short and to the point:)

Cheryl van den Berg said...

the Chanel pieces are pretty interesting!

great FBFF post!

Jenny @ Spry On The Wall said...

Great answers! I dropped the ball with my FBFF post this month :o(

Miss Caitlin S. said...

love your answer for number 2- very sensible!!!!

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

Chanel always outsides itself! Well I should say Mr. Lagerfeld does!

Nnenna said...

I'm trying to get better at spending my money on clothes that I'll love for a long time, and not just clothes that I'm infatuated with! =)

Candice M.Harris said...

Thank you a lot for giving everyone a very nice chance to read in detail from here. It is always very nice and also stuffed with fun for me personally and my office acquaintances to visit your site at least thrice every week to learn the latest secrets you will have. And definitely, I am also at all times satisfied with all the mind-boggling strategies served by you. Some 1 facts on this page are basically the simplest I've had.
Motorcraft YJ-564 Condenser