January 24, 2012

Lucky.

we♥it

When I posted the picture of Coco hanging out in my closet Sunday night on Instagram, I didn't know we would all be taking cover in the closet for far more serious reasons hours later. Severe weather started in Alabama during the middle of the night. After the tornado sirens went off twice, the power went out, the radar was showing a tornado headed towards our city, and my in-laws texted Jared to make sure we knew what was going on, it was time to go to the "safe place". An EF-3 tornado touched down in virtually every place I've lived around Birmingham, but luckily our house and my parents house (and everyone I know here, actually) are fine. It's beyond eerie to drive home and pass search and rescue trucks. It's strange to keep hearing that roads you drove up and down daily are closed and entire subdivisions you know are demolished. I didn't fall asleep until about 7 this morning and I don't think I realized how close it literally had hit to our home until I woke up to phone calls, text messages, Tweets, etc. asking if we were ok.
We're ok. 
We're lucky. 
Many people aren't though, so please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. 

11 comments:

Miss Caitlin S. said...

ugh, I'm glad you're safe. Sounds very scary. Sending good thoughts to you!

this free bird said...

Thinking about you and everyone down there, Katie. Stay as safe as you can and let me know if you need anything.
xo,
c

Collette Osuna said...

Thanks for emailing back yesterday morning...I was worried about you guys.....happy you are safe!

A Lifestyle Blog where Fashion, Décor & Cooking “connect”

Closet Fashionista said...

That is so scary!!! And yes when I saw your tweets I was so nervous! I'm glad you're all okay! Everyone else is in my thoughts!
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

I hate that you guys had all this weather yet again. Seriously...you've met your quota....no more!!!

Courtney Erin said...

When I was reading about the weather in the paper I immediately thought of you - so glad you and your loved ones are okay.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Josie said...

Katie, I've been worried -- I'm so glad that you, Jared, and the pup are okay and will definitely be keeping others in my thoughts!
xo Josie

Gameday Stylist said...

Love those rings :)

- Sara @ Gameday Stylist

Elle Sees said...

Glad all is well, my dear! Stop by sometime.

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

Oh darling, I'm so glad you guys are okay.

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

My thoughts and go our to your effected neighbors - stay safe!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living