January 25, 2012

What I'm Loving...

Hey, you know how I used to do What I'm Loving... posts? Then I stopped for like a month? Well, they're back. You're welcome. And also, thank you all so much for the sweet comments yesterday. I haven't had a chance to comment on blogs this week but hopefully that will change soon.
Here's what I'm loving:


Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo
Every time I post about dry shampoo, 10 people tell me I have to try the Oscar Blandi version. When I was in Ulta a couple of weeks ago spending a Christmas gift card, there was a set on sale. It was a full size bottle and a travel size bottle for less than the full size bottle normally costs. Yeah. Sold. I like the scent and it's more lightweight than my beloved Rockaholic. That means it's not quite as volumizing, on my hair at least, but it's pretty good stuff.


OPI My Private Jet
During the same Ulta trip, there was a huge number of nail polishes on sale. I don't question things like this, I just go with it. My Private jet is dark and shimmery, with some flecks of glitter in it. So basically, it's gorgeous. Apparently the old version, before they re-did, was entirely holographic. Why would you change this? I have no idea. But now it's more like a duo-chrome, meaning it looks one color when you put it one, then because of the shimmer and glittery flecks in it, it flashes another color when light hits it. 


Moneyball
There aren't a lot of movies that Jared and I both want to see. Something like this works, though. Baseball movie? He's happy. Brad Pitt? I'm good. Marriage is about compromise, people.


Bossypants
This is one of the first books I bought for the Nook and it's absolutely hilarious. I think I read it in less than 2 days. Don't read it in public unless you don't mind people looking at you for random laughing. (I'm serious. Lesson learned, there.)


Ok, so that's What I'm Loving right now! What about you?

16 comments:

Josie said...

I looove that OPI shade!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Collette Osuna said...

I miss these posts!!!LOVE OPI too:)

A Lifestyle Blog where Fashion, D├ęcor & Cooking “connect”

Closet Fashionista said...

LOVE that nail polish!! :D
I need to see moneyball, but I'm in no rush at the moment, haha
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Courtney Erin said...

I watched Moneyball a few weeks ago and also really enjoyed it - and that black nail shade is amazing!


Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Couture Carrie said...

Awesome post, darling!
Love Tina Fey!

xoxox,
CC

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

I love everything in this post. The book, the movie, the polish is perfect for me and that's the dry shampoo I use if I use any. Did you sneak into my brain for this post ?!?

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

That OPI shade looks great. Will pick it up at Ulta on Friday :) Oh and Moneyball is great! xoxo

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

I watched a few movies on the plane but really have to watch Moneyball (I love Michael Lewis' writing!)

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Torrie said...

ooh. good stuff here. i'm waiting to run out of my current dry shampoo before purchasing any more, and I definitely want to try this. but I have a question... have you tried this? http://whoorl.com/archives/8697 (I know it's a texturizing spray, but I guess it's also a dry shampoo?? Confused.)

...and I still have yet to read that book... on the never-ending list though. :)

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

So glad you tried the Oscar Blandi–I'm a total sucker for the scent. And Moneyball is definitely one of those perfect compromise movies. They should make more of those...

Taj Acosta said...

I've been wanting to read that book too! xx

Jess said...

I'm always looking for a good dry shampoo.. I'm obsessed with it! And I still need to read Tina Fey's book!

Bella @Bellgetsreal said...

I have wanted to see Moneyball but not the biggest Brad fan.... but yes marriage is compromise :)

meghan said...

I love Oscar Blandi stuff. I bought that set you got before Christmas too. I was really excited about it, and I've used it a bunch to get volume when my hair was flat. And I also loved Bossypants. Best book! You're right...so so funny. I listened to it on audiobook, and TIna Fey tells it, which makes it even funnier!

Vittoria @ The Beautiful Things said...

love that opi shade!

http://www.the-beautiful-things.com

navy and orange said...

love that OPI color!

xoxo navy & orange