February 16, 2012

Birmingham Fashion Week


I know. I bet you didn't even know Birmingham has a fashion week, did you? Well it just started last April, so it's been around less than a year. This past Wednesday - Sunday was the 2nd Birmingham Fashion Week and thanks to Jared's brother, we got to go on Saturday night.


There were shows from local stores like Shaia's and Gus Mayer, then Christopher Collins and Leona Collection, and finally What Goes Around Comes Around. It was a lot of fun and pretty impressive what they've been able to do in less than a year! I'm just glad Birmingham has something :)

13 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

So fun! I love the look in that second photo!
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Collette Osuna said...

How cool you have your own fashion week!! Id be thrilled to have the chance to go...great pics!

A Lifestyle Blog where Fashion, D├ęcor & Cooking “connect”

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

How fun!

Courtney Erin said...

That sounds like a lot of fun - I wish we had shows like that in New Haven...Edmonton (my Canadian hometown) is now running Western Canadian Fashion Week and for the first time in years I can actually contemplate living there again.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Enter my Shapewear giveaway here http://www.sartorialsidelines.com/2012/02/romance.html

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Fashion shows are always fun and thanks for sharing!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Couture Carrie said...

Fun pics!
That red floral dress looks amazing!

xoxox,
CC

Melissa Blake said...

oh, that last dress is my favorite!! xoxo

★ JASMINE ★ {Barbie-Bombshell} said...

i really, really LOVE your blog hun! it's lovely and i'm happy to have found it today! keep up the great posts, because i'll be coming back for more! hehe

newest follower! ♥
follow back ?

hugs, xo!
*My Blog* BARBIE-BOMBSHELL.BLOGSPOT.COM

Stylist Steph said...

OMG, lived there for 3 years and never knew they had a fashion week! think I missed out!

http://styliststeph.blogspot.com/

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

How fantastic!

Josie said...

This is so fun, Katie! Glad you got a chance to go.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

I had no idea either, but that is so cool. How much fun it is to be able to go to the shows.

*Erin

Elle Sees said...

how cool and exciting!!