February 17, 2012

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Review

Chanel Perfection Lumiere

When I ran out of my last liquid foundation, I knew Chanel was going to be next on my list. Perfection Lumiere is the newest Chanel foundation, and I assume is meant to replace Pro Lumiere, which is no longer available. It works for all skin types, meaning it's a good choice for combination skin (mine). The biggest con I'd read in reviews was that it dries quickly, so you have to work fast to apply it. This hasn't been a problem for me. I've applied with my fingers, a sponge, and my MAC 190 and it's been fine each way. It's not so fast that you have to work at warp speed to apply it, but you're good to keep applying makeup as soon as you're done. It's long lasting, and I like that it has a smooth, but definitely not matte finish. So far I'm very pleased with it. 


What foundation are you using right now? 

14 comments:

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

I've been really curious about this so thanks for the review! I still use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer but am thinking of mixing up my own tinted moisturizer.

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh it sounds lovely!
I use Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Style Sud-Est said...

Hi there i found you on Mrs. Papelicos!

A lot of bloggers comment on Chanel products, i might try it one day. It is pretty cool that your home town has a fashion week.
Montreal fashion week was early Feb, i might be there next year who knows!

I am a new follower

Ariane

Courtney Erin said...

I actually don't use foundation - just sunscreen and then tinted moisturizer (I like the Avon Mark line) and then some concealer as needed and powder. I did wear it up until about 3 years ago though and usually went for MAC.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Great review, Katie! I try everything on the market for work but actually don't wear foundation, just concealer. Glad to hear you like it :) xoxo

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

I just finished my Guerlain photofinish something or other (lol) foundation that i really like...debating on whether to buy again or try a new one. i use LM's tinted moisturizer in the summer and this one in winter...intrigued by the Chanel!

patty and lo said...

I just got this too and loooove it!
-LC

http://www.pattyandlo.com/

Josie said...

Yay! I'm not normally a big foundation fan -- I think I just haven't found the perfect shade yet -- but this sounds super nice.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

I am more of a tinted moisturizer girl, but I am open to trying foundation. Chanel would probably be one of my first choices. This sounds like a great product.

*Erin

Bonnie said...

I have honestly never tried Chanel's foundation, but I have heard good things about it. I don't know if I could stay away from Dior long enough to branch out.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

I'm a tinted moisturizer girl, because I hate when my freckles don't show!

Anna K.outure said...

Hey sweetie, Check out my H by Halston watch giveaway!
Enter now for a chance to win...ends this Friday ;)

http://dirtysexylaundry.blogspot.com/

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

I don't use foundation but I love all things Chanel;-)

Bestie said...

thx for the review! i've been using Origins VitaZing energy boosting moisturizer. i love the shade it turns before applying...lights but gives some nice coverage!