February 3, 2012

OPI Nicki Minaj

When I was in Ulta last week, I saw that the OPI Nicki Minaj collection was out. I'll be honest, I hadn't paid much attention to the press around this or really looked at the swatches at all, but in person it definitely caught my attention more.
Did it on 'Em - reminded me of a Sinful Colors green I have, so I skipped
Fly - gorgeous cream turquoise. All my colors similar to this are shimmery, so I grabbed this one.
Metallic 4 Life - Liked it, but I have plenty of grays that I could layer a glitter over so I didn't think I needed this one.
Pink Friday - bubblegum cream pink. A pink or a red nail polish is hardly ever going to grab my attention. Skip.
Save Me - Holographic rainbow glitter? I snatched this one fast. My guess is it'll be the first to sell out, so  go find it if you want it, too!
Super Bass Shatter - The shatter polish trend hit big time over a year ago. Over it. 

So, I went to Ulta to get 1 nail polish (an Essie Luxeffects), and ended up picking up 2 more from this collection. In my crazy world, this is called being reasonable. It's also why I have an entire drawer in my bathroom with nothing but nail polish. 

17 comments:

this free bird said...

I don't know wth is wrong with me, but I am oddly attracted to the pink color. I think I'm losing my mind. Thankfully it's Friday tomorrow?

Josie said...

I love Metallic 4 Life -- so pretty!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

I agree, I'm over the shattered look.

Bonnie said...

You have a bathroom drawer solely devoted to nail polish, too??? KINDRED SPIRITS.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

The PvdH Journal said...

I think I have a similar issue with you when it comes to nail polish.... perhaps should start a Nailpolish Anonymous virtual society?! :-S

I have a drawer full of it as well!

sacramento said...

I am looking for a really metal gold look that cannot find anywhere.
Have a grand weekend, dear katie.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Closet Fashionista said...

LOVE the bottom right, but she annoys me so I don't think I would buy them...hahah XD
[yea...I really only ever put on makeup when I actually take more than one picture of my outfit, but I should really do it every day XD ...I look dead otherwise]
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Courtney Erin said...

I really like the Metallic 4 Life one...I need more glittery greys in my life.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Taj Acosta said...

I can't buy anmore polish!!! I'm overflowing. xx

Couture Carrie said...

Amazing shades!
Love the lime!

xoxox,
CC

TheGirlAtFirstAvenue said...

Love the shades!

Do visit my blog!
I have a giveaway on my blog.. check it out if interested!
Enter boticca.com giveaway, win $100
♥ www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

That happens to me all the time. Same thing happened to me in Ulta last Friday. I ended up dropping over $200! LOL

Have a great weekend, Katie! xoxo

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

I wish I had your nail polish balls! Seriously, 362 days out of the year, my nails are bare and there you are picking up the most amazing colors!

Ashley said...

These colors are so much fun, I love the two shades of green! I definitely need to check these out.

-Ashley
http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

Joanne Faith said...

I really want to get my hands on the teal - such a gorgeous colour!

http://joannefaith.com

Kavery said...

An entire drawer of nail polishes? Umm, my 6 bottles don't seem so bad then!

SG Angela said...

ohhhhh.... i love buying new polish. you are definitely tempting me.