February 8, 2012

What I'm Loving...

So far February is turning out to be a pretty boring month. I guess that's usually true though, and now I need to go knock on wood before I curse myself. Seriously.
Here's what I'm loving:




The Descendants
I saw this last week and not that it's overly complicated or anything, but I'm not sure how to explain it without spoilers. If you've seen the preview you can tell it's obviously not a happy movie, but at the same time it's not entirely depressing or anything either. And it definitely has it's funny moments. Go see it and tell me what you think.




Essie Shine of the Times
This was the Essie Luxeffect I really wanted and I'm glad I got my hands on it. It flashes every possible color making it both gorgeous and attention grabbing.




The Voice
It took about 10 seconds of watching this after the Superbowl to get hooked. It's like they took everything that annoys me about American Idol, got rid of it, and made a new show. Brilliant!




Fitz & the Tantrums - Don't Got To Work It Out

I don't know but I been told
The world outside is oh so cold
Late at night when you're alone
Do you think about me now that I'm gone

Listen to this and tell me it's not stuck in your head 10 minutes later. Then an hour later. Then... well, just thank me.




Ok, so that's What I'm Loving right now! What about you?

23 comments:

this free bird said...

I LOVED The Descendants (except Clooney was a little not that passionate this time round)--I have Hawaiian family in the same situation with pieces of family land and disputes and stuff on Kauai. There were parts of that movie where I wept. We're on the Waimea side, not the Hanalei part BUT I have spent a significant amount of time on that beach RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE HOUSE where the cheater husband was staying with his fam. That was surreal!! Hanapepe baby!!

Josie said...

I want to see The Descendents SOOOO badly!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Miss Caitlin S. said...

you did a good job explaining the descendents. I found myself cutting myself short when I tried to avoid giving away the plot. It made me laugh and cry.

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Now I really want to see that movie.

Oh and sparkly nail polish is fun at any time!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Tulips & Tulle said...

Love the Essie polish!

Come drop by my blog at Tulips&Tulle!

janettaylor said...

I want to see this movie! :)

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Closet Fashionista said...

I want to see that movie....and that nail color is PERFECT! :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Courtney Erin said...

I still have not seen that movie...I am actually pretty woefully behind on my moving watching these days.


Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

I really want to see that movie.

And we can talk The Voice together. I watch about it so I can blog about it for my work.

Charlotte said...

Hmm.. I've been unsure on whether I want to watch that film, it looks quite sad and I don't like seeing the Cloons cast as anything other than 'hunk' usually.. but maybe I'll give it a go. It sounds like you enjoyed it so maybe it's worth a shot :)

On another note, that nail varnish is beautiful, I'm going to keep an eye out for it now. I love NV that flashes different colours.. keeps people guessing ;)

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

the voice for sure! i just saw the descendants last night...very sad but so well acted/done.

Ashleigh said...

Dying to see the Descendants!
And I just posted about the essie polishes today! (Well, sort of...)
I'm also loving the Voice! I'd probably tune in even if I hated it just to see Adam - swoon!

Kristin said...

That polish DOES look awfully fabulous!

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

Am now putting the Descendants on my list–I keep forgetting about all these movies I want to see! I'm loving lots of new faces in my office–all to help mee!

Couture Carrie said...

Fab post, darling!
Love that nail polish!

xoxox,
CC

thenauticalwheeler said...

I definitely have to try that Essie nail polish! Sounds fabulous!

From Brooklyn with love,

Jen

Torrie said...

looooooved that movie. (& good explanation :))

watched the voice on sunday for the first time as well... could easily get hooked on it, which surprised me.

Taj Acosta said...

I started watching the voice for the first time ever and am hooked!

Elle Sees said...

i saw the descendants this weekend. it was wayyy too soon to see that after my Sugar died! i bawled the whole dang time.

Jenny @ Spry On The Wall said...

I need to see The Descendants! And I'm with you on The Voice, totally hooked!

Jess said...

I've been wanting to see the Descendents too! I'm glad you liked it. And thanks for sharing that Fitz & theTantrums songs! Love it!

cbenavides said...

Sweet niblets this song!!! I swear, you introduce me to the best music. This is now on my list of music to get. Thanks lady!

Milla Msa - Not Just Another Milla said...

Love that nail polish!! I have yet to see The Descendants but it looks great.