April 27, 2012

Friend Friday - Outfit Planning

 Friend Friday
The Fashion Beauty Friend Friday group was created by Katy over at Modly Chic. Each week there is a theme or a set of questions and on Friday if you want to participate, you make a post on your blog and link back up at Modly Chic

This week we're talking about outfit planning.

we♥it
1. How do you go about picking your outfit for the day? (Do you lay stuff out the night before? Do you plan a whole week's worth of looks Sunday night? Do you wing it every morning?)
I only plan an outfit in advance if it's for an event like a wedding or something. Otherwise, I usually pick one thing I'm drawn to (sometimes it's a piece of clothing, sometimes it's a pair of shoes, a lot of times it's an accessory) then build from there. 
2. Do you try stuff on and then take pics to see how it looks, like Cher in Clueless?
I only take pics if they're going on the blog. And obviously that's nowhere near an everyday thing. 
3. And are you consistent in your planning or lack thereof, or is your planning limited to special events?
Definitely just special events. As much as I love to plan things and make lists I can't do that with outfits. Well, I guess I could. I just don't want to. 
4. Do you have a way of keeping track of which outfits you wore when?
I've been asked this before. I rely on the blog a lot to see exactly how I wore something. Other than that, it's just my memory. I tie places and events to what I was wearing. Meaning when I think back to a birthday or a first day of school or my bridal tea or whatever, I remember exactly what I wore. 
5. How do you come up with new clothing combinations? (An app? Computer program? Trial and error?)
Trial and error and my inspiration board in my closet. The point of the inspiration board has never been that those are things I want to buy, it's always a color combination or a way I hadn't thought of wearing something or a specific way I want to try and wear an outfit. 

If you're interested in FBFF, go to Modly Chic for more information then e-mail Katy if you want to join the group.

10 comments:

Josie said...

I usually pick out clothes the night before... Of course, that's just because I consistently wake up ten minutes later than I really should anyhow.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Weee!! I used to pick out my clothes at night but now I think about it while I'm in bed and if I remember what I wanted to wear I wear it...if not I pick whatever
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Bestie said...

i usually think about what i am going to wear when going to bed. i wake up happy that i know what i am going to wear. then, i can't find what i wanted to wear so i try on a million things, throwing them onto my bed inbetween try ons, frustrated, i finally find something that works and leave in a tizzy with a messy room.

yep, that's reality.

Courtney Erin said...

I usually lay my clothes out the night before...because I am useless in the morning!

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

M.J said...

I can never plan my clothes everyday. I always end up changing my mind! LOL. I like the idea of having an inspiration board in the closet. Definitely have to try that!

Couture Carrie said...

Fun interview!
I tie places and events to what I was wearing, too :)

xoxox,
CC

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

I like to pick out an outfit or a piece the night before–I don't always do it, but it makes getting dressed so much easier! I feel so thankful that I'm not a fashion blogger though–everyone would say, you wear that every two weeks!!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I can never pick out an outfit the day before. It all depends on how I feel that day. And yes, it does take me 2 hours to get out the door in the morning :)

Happy Friday! xoxo

Miss Caitlin S. said...

I'm with you! I don't plan unless it's an important event!


and I'm with you on "trial and error" :)

Kimberlee Van Der Wall said...

I'm definitely the same way. Start one thing then expand from there :)