April 11, 2012

What I'm Loving...

Everything is starting to get busier and I love that. Upcoming vacations, weddings, birthdays - the weekends are full, but that's fine with me. At least when it's busy with these kinds of things!
Here's what I'm loving:


Essie To Buy Or Not To Buy
You'll see this in tomorrow's post, but it goes in today because I'm obsessed with it. This is the only color I picked up from Essie's spring line and I hesitated because, well, it's a pastel purple. Not really groundbreaking. The subtle shimmer and sparkle in this make it different from any other remotely similar color I have, though. Huge difference? No. One I love? Absolutely.


One Day
I read the book first, then saw the movie and I'd recommend doing it that way. I loved the book but the movie leaves out some things and I think I would have been disappointed in it had I not read the book first. If you've read the book, you can fill in any holes in the movie and you'll probably like it better. I know I did. The concept of spanning 20 years by looking at the same day each year is interesting, and you manage to get plenty of information to know what's been going on in the main characters lives. 


Gardening
If you follow me on Instagram, or read the blog on Monday, you know over the weekend Jared and his brother built a raised bed for the backyard. In the past we've grown tomatoes, peppers, and different herbs in the summer. Now we have room to try a few more things, which is exciting. Any suggestions on what we should (attempt t0) grow?


Gotye - Somebody I Used To Know
Ok, this is everywhere. It's a Gotye song, it was done on The Voice, this week it's on Glee (which is the one I posted) - now I'm just waiting for someone to sing it on American Idol. I wasn't crazy about it at first, but now it's grown on me and since it's quickly becoming overexposed I might hate it soon so I might as well keep listening to it now.


Ok, so that's What I'm Loving right now! What about you?

14 comments:

Josie said...

I LOVE that Essie shade! I'm on the hunt for fun new spring polishes.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

this free bird said...

Okay. I had that shade in my hand and bought chinchilly and hot stuff or hot sauce or smoking hot or something. You know, to match my dark mood as of late. Currently sporting light grey on the fingers, dark purplish grey on the toes. Yep, this is where it's at apparently?

Torrie said...

that book was my selection for book club (along with hunger games) this year... i look forward to reading it (before seeing the movie).

congrats on the garden! my recommendation- cucumbers & squash (yellow &/or zucchini). we've always had pretty good luck with both... and they can both be planted in the month of April (I checked your area to be sure).

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh that color is so pretty!!! :D
And I wanted to see that movie when it came out but never got around to it...perhaps I'll try to read the book
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Loving that polish. Now I just need time for a mani/pedi....

Courtney Erin said...

Your garden space looks amazing - I wish I had a nice outdoor space to chill in this summer.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Isabel said...

i need to check out the new essie colours!

Couture Carrie said...

Fabulous post!

Love that song!

xoxox,
CC

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I wasn't sure about that color because I have a few similar ones myself but since you love it, I'm going to pick it up. Your endorsements always end up getting my vote :) xoxo

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I wasn't sure about that color because I have a few similar ones myself but since you love it, I'm going to pick it up. Your endorsements always end up getting my vote :) xoxo

Elle Sees said...

Love the polish and Matt bomer...his EYES. I heart him.

Bestie said...

i've been looking for a good book...thx!

Tawni said...

I love that Essie polish! You should check our their Resort 2012 colors

www.laptopsandlipgloss.blogspot.com

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

One Day book was SO good! I was disappointed by the movie ;/