June 21, 2012

A little perspective...

Instagram picture from last night

Yesterday was not a good day. I had an MRI and an appointment with my neurologist so Jared took off work so he could go with me. I was 5 minutes late to the MRI which resulted in me not getting my MRI until 2 hours past my appointment time. Obviously this doesn't make sense, because what they wouldn't admit was that they double booked and what they also wouldn't do is be straight forward about how long their mistake was going to delay me. I missed my appointment with my neurologist, rescheduled for the "next available appointment" (3+ weeks away) and was in general extremely pissed off at how much time was wasted, the incompetence I had to deal with, and how much of a pain in my ass this will end up being. After all this, Jared and I went to lunch where I was firing off angry text messages to my Mom venting about how the morning had gone. She texted me back that she'd been at jury duty all morning and had just seen a man get sentenced to life in prison. Talk about a slap in the face.
I have nothing to complain about. 
There's no excuse for me to petty and bitter with all that I have been given in life. 
Yes, we all need our moments to whine and feel sorry for ourselves but sometimes you also need a good reminder to snap out of it and get over yourself



9 comments:

Yasmeen said...

:( I really believe you have to take everything in stride, even things that seem monumentally awful. I can't remember who said (someone famous) but the quote went something like, "Focus on what you can change, let go of what you can't." It's a good philosophy to live by. :) Sending my best wishes over!

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Perspective is good...yes....but you've also been dealt a tough hand, and a bit of bitching is totally allowed!

Closet Fashionista said...

That is so true. Sometimes all I want to do is complain but then I remind myself of all the people that have it far worse than me... *sigh*

Courtney Erin said...

I really, really need to be reminded of that from time to time...

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

You're absolutely right. I was actually thinking the same thing this morning. I have been having some health issues lately and haven't been feeling great and I know I have a not so great month ahead of me dealing with these issues. All in all not feeling very chipper.

And then I watched an interview on the Today show with that CT mother who lost her 3 daughters and her parents in a fire on xmas day. Suddenly everything was put in perspective. Who am I to feel bad about myself when this poor woman is dealing with hell each and every day. Major reality check.

Hope you have a great weekend!
xoxo

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

So well put. Pity parties are fine from time to time, but the reality is, we've all got it pretty damn good.

Couture Carrie said...

So true, darling.

Lovely pic!

xoxox,
CC

Glee said...

Such a good realization. i can completely relate. i easily get irritated with incompetence. Or sometimes, I simply complain about things. In order for me to appreciate all the good things, I watch true to life story tv shows which feature difficulties of the less privileged, this really opens my eyes. :)

Josie said...

Perspective is good, but I'm mostly worried about you, my dear. Hope things are okay.
xo Josie