July 10, 2012

J. Crew, we have a problem...

J. Crew Maritime Shirt


When we were at the beach, we did a little outlet shopping which obviously needed to involve J. Crew. I got a couple of things there, including this top (in navy stripes, but I can't find a picture). Clearly I didn't think this through very well. J. Crew thinks this is a summer top, and in Alaska or something I'm sure it is. But its 3/4 sleeves. And the weight of it is seriously thicker than what I wear in the dead of winter here. (Again, I didn't think this through very well.) The thing is giving me a heat stroke from me just looking at it. WHAT WAS I THINKING. 
Ok. Vent over. It's cute, and when it cools off in December maybe I can wear it. Oh, one more vent - the J. Crew outlet feels that $88 is an acceptable price for the bubble necklace. No, J. Crew. No.

17 comments:

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Cute.....but not summer!

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

i feel like the outlet isn't really any "outlet" pricing at all! They have their own "outlet" line too right? it's just slightly less than the regular stuff! lol

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

You can wear it in a few months! I am wearing my Altuzarra for J. crew dress here tomorrow but it is freezing in Melbourne!

Oh heck no to $88 at the outlet!!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Alexa said...

Haha. Bad J. Crew. Bad. ;)

Jenny @ Spry On The Wall said...

I tried this top on in orange and it fit me so badly and was so heavy I just couldn't buy it - but I wanted to it is really a cute top. And yes the $88 for the necklace at the outlet is ridiculous!

Lia {Smart n Snazzy} said...

Love the top! Perhaps on cool evenings? Or in the winter :) I love the side zipper detail, it's quite lovely!
xx
Lia
Smart n Snazzy

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Haha seriously J.Crew. What were you thinking Crew??? :) Cute top though. Maybe once it cools off you can get some use out of it. xoxo

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh it's quite cute! But yes, doesn't look like a summer top, haha....
And wow, $88 at an OUTLET store...that is insane
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

J said...

Very cute, but yeah, definitely not right for a southern summer!!

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

Sounds like they're planning for summer in SF!

meghan said...

I don't know if you're looking for the bubble necklace, but you can get them on ebay for $15. I got one and it's great!

Couture Carrie said...

Yes, I have the dress version and it is super thick.

xoxox,
CC

Josie said...

Definitely more of a spring piece -- but so freaking pretty.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Mimi said...

i think this is definitely gonna come in handy in the winter! it's cute! :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
Want a summer scarf? Enter to win a $20 ScarvesDotNet Gift Certificate!

this free bird said...

Hmmmmm. So I think I saw you tweet that it's raining? PUT THAT SUCKER ON QUiCK!!

this free bird said...

ps: $8 is barely acceptable for the J.Crew bubble necklace. thank you and good night.

Kristin W said...

Oh JCrew KILLS me with their prices. I can't even bear to walk into the outlet because it's depressing. Loved your Instagram outfit post with this though! And the zipper!