July 20, 2012

Makeup Spending Freeze

we♥it


So, I kinda like makeup. And I might have a good amount of it. Lately I've been working on trying to use items in my vanity that I tend to overlook, and it's made me realize just how much is there. I'm tempted to put myself on a makeup buying freeze. The main problem is whenever I tell myself I can't have something it makes me want it 10 times more. It's worth a try though, right? Here's what I'm thinking - just makeup. Not haircare, skincare, or nails. (I don't want to kill myself or anything.) I can buy something if I literally run out of it - so that would really only be foundation, powder, or mascara, and I could go awhile before that happened. Now the bigger question - how long should I do this? Thoughts? 

10 comments:

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

You not buying make up would be wrong. It would go against nature!!!

Courtney Erin said...

I put myself on shopping freezes from time to time and it makes me appreciate the things I buy a lot more -- so it's worth a shot. How long depends on how often you make up shop, maybe try two months?

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

A.Co said...

LOL: "I don't want to kill myself or anything". Ugh I hear you. I've been hitting the 'purchase' button and swiping my card to frequently lately on clothes! :P

Maybe try for a month.

:S

GOOD LUCK!

Closet Fashionista said...

Luckily I don't buy makeup often, BUT when I do it's Chanel, ha ha, so that poses a problem ;)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

I think this is actually a great idea–it'll get you to look through what you have to put new looks together, and you'll find out what you really use and what you don't! Give it until you need something, I say!

Josie said...

Way to be strong, Katie! I'd start with a month and see how it goes -- make a list of everything you want and see what you STILL want after that month.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Couture Carrie said...

Good for you, darling!
Aim for one month and then see if you can hold out a bit longer ;)

xoxox,
CC

Stacey said...

I think it's worth a go, although I think you're addicted so it will be hard:-). Also, a very big THANK YOU for your soothing words of comfort re the hubby's deployment.

Elle Sees said...

I went a month and am starting another month

Miss Caitlin S. said...

I do that with toiletries all the time, it's SOOOO easy to double-up! I would say do it a couple months? Or until you deplete some of your stuff now.