July 31, 2012

Shoes, shoes, shoes...

we♥it


In my dream world, I want to completely redo the master bedroom closet - like rip everything out and have a custom built, InStyle magazine looking, chandelier from the ceiling dream of a closet. Realistically this is never going to happen. (I can hold out for the chandelier, right?) Anyway, I'm going to try to take a more practical and affordable approach to making slight renovations to the closet. First project is shoes. They're in 5 different places in the closet, which is crazy. The wall at the end is blank so that's where I think they should go, obviously, except for boots which have to stand up. The problem is finding something that will hold them all. Thoughts? Ideas? What do you use for shoe storage? I need pictures and links!

11 comments:

Katsuumi said...

Ajjj I'd like to have too much shoes! :)

Bestie said...

ooh, i'll be watching these comments for sure. always looking for better shoe storage.

Courtney Erin said...

I have a shelf that runs around my closet that I use for shoe storage...but it's not big enough so I have two shoe racks on the ground as well that I use.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Couture Carrie said...

My closet is so small that I have to store my shoes in huge Tupperware containers under the bed :(

xoxox,
CC

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

It's so good to be back, and to see you further organizing your closet! I will say that IKEA bookcases are probably an excellent bet, assuming you can find one in the right width–the shelves are adjustable, and should work a lot like the ones in the photo (which is terribly drool-worthy)!

Closet Fashionista said...

*sigh* I want that closet too!! :D
As for how I do my shoes, I actually use a bookshelf and then a shelf I bought at Target.
Target Shelves: http://www.target.com/p/closetmaid-31-horizontal-organizer-espresso/-/A-11187106
You've already seen it but I figured it would be easier to post the link: http://www.closet-fashionista.com/2012/01/closet-update.html
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Josie said...

SAME HERE. I know that IKEA has some cheap bookshelves that would be dressed up perfectly with pretty pumps...
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Such a dream, isn't it? I so wish I could have a fab closet but I'm kinda restricted with what I can do because I rent. I have a nice large walk in but it's still stuffed :)

Hope you're having a great week! xoxo

Maya M said...

What a lovely closet.
I suggest you to hang them with a fabric shelves, like those from Ikea.

Just joined your site, will be happy if you'll join mine:)
http://myfashionfoodstyle.blogspot.co.il

Brookelyn said...

I've seen a lot of people use various ikea bookshelves to store shoes, and I keep mine in a hanger that hangs from the clothing rod in the closet!

Taj Acosta said...

I'm starting the same project soon! I haven't even had a chance to think about it yet though, but I'm planning on hitting up Ikea. Target has these amaz bookshelves with crown molding on top though that would really be the icing on the cake....Can't wait to see what you do! xx -Taj