September 4, 2012

A trip down memory lane...

Wedding pictures - August 26, 2006


Our anniversary trip ended up being interesting to say the least. If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you might have gotten some of the story already.

Construction of the new ADPi house in Tuscaloosa

Our old apartment in Mississippi

The best Mexican food in Mississippi. It's all about the ranchero sauce.


On the way to New Orleans we first stopped in Tuscaloosa, driving by my old townhouse then to see the progress on the construction of the new Alpha Delta Pi house. Then we went through Jackson, MS and saw our old apartment and ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant. 

Brunch at Commander's Palace

Bourbon Street

Hurricanes at Pat O'Brien's
New Orleans was a lot of fun - the 48 hours we were there. We decided to cut it short so we didn't get stuck in a hurricane. (The storm, not the drink.) We did have a hurricane first though. (The drink, not the storm.)

Rock City in Chattanooga
After a night at home we headed to Chattanooga to finish out the trip. Why Chattanooga? We didn't want to drive more than 3 hours so it was there, Nashville, or Atlanta. We were just in Atlanta back in May and my sister lives in Nashville so we're there a few times a year. Chattanooga is fun for a long weekend - there's Rock City, Ruby Falls, the Tennessee Aquarium, etc. Oh, and we were in a haunted hotel. That part wasn't on purpose but hey, does it sound like this vacation went according to plan?

All paranormal activity and hurricanes aside, it was a lovely vacation. And I don't feel rested one bit. Good thing there was a 3 day weekend as soon as we got home?

9 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Haunted??? EEEEK! Sounds a like a fab trip aside from ghosts. Ha!

Josie said...

I'm SO glad that you had a fun getaway, Katie!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

meghan said...

Sounds like a fun, albeit adventurous trip. I'm from Chattanooga, so when I saw that picture of Rock City I got excited for a second. If I could only count the number of times my parents and their friends used to take us all to Rock City to spend hours of a summer day! Glad you had a nice anniversary trip.

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Loved all the Instagram pics!! Glad you avoided and enjoyed a hurricane...different kids.

Jenny @ Spry On The Wall said...

Did you all have any ghostly activity? Loved following along on Instagram! Hopefully your next vacation will be uneventful!!

Closet Fashionista said...

Haha woah, well at least you'll always remember the trip! ;)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

Sounds like such a fun trip–and I'm glad you only drank a Hurricane and didn't have to batten down the hatches through one!

Elle Sees said...

I love New Orleans. I think it's my favorite city in the US. and everytime I've been the Chattanooga it's always rain. P s I think you like today's post

Bonnie said...

At least you guys had an eventful time ... You can't say that you were bored!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88