September 6, 2012

Fall Scents (and how to get deals on them)



Labor Day might be moving up there as one of my favorite holidays. The sales are pretty amazing and you get a long weekend. What's not to like? My go-to's for candles and tarts are Yankee and Bath & Body Works and this fall was no different. Here's how it broke down:

Bath & Body Works
Candle sale - 2 for $20
Always, always, always wait for this to happen. They have this sale several times a year and the candles are regularly $19.50. No reason to ever pay that when you can get it half off! I picked up 2 Leaves (my favorite), Creamy Pumpkin (a close second), and Pumpkin Cupcake. I also got a coupon for $10 off $30 on my next purchase, so when I get my Christmas candles (that'll be the next time I shop at B&BW) I can get 4 for $30 :)

Yankee Candle
Buy one get 1 half off candles, $1 tarts
Yankee always has some of the seasonal candles for buy one get 1 half off. If I like the scents, I pick a couple up because it's a good promotion. I liked them this time so I got Spiced Pumpkin and Harvest. The large 2 wick jar candles are my favorite and the best deal. It's $3 more than the medium and they burn about twice as long. Tarts are normally $1.99, so they were essentially half off. I picked up a ton of my favorites like Pumpkin Buttercream, and some of the new scents like Apple Cider. I also had a $15 off coupon. With buy one get 1 half off, half off tarts, and $15 off the total it was a ridiculous deal.

In both stores I ended up saving more than I spent. So here's what you do - get emails from companies you actually care to shop from, follow them on Twitter or Facebook, and combine coupons and sales! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go. I have a bunch of candles to burn. 

9 comments:

Miss Caitlin S. said...

nice!!! I would literally never think to wait for candle sales but I totally appreciate that you do because it helps me out! I love candles but as they inevitably disappear- I don't like spending tons on them. Thanks for the tips!

Statements in Fashion said...

Theres something about B&B Works you just cant get enough of!! LOVE everything in that store!!!

Closet Fashionista said...

Woohoo for good deals on candles. I bought some at Kringle Candles a couple weekends ago on my way back from camping, all their candles are white so they go with everything, but the jars are sometimes if fervent colors. It was started by the people that owned a really big Yankee candle up here. And They have men's scents, it's cool :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Elle Sees said...

Could kick myself for not going for fall scents!!

Josie said...

I'm a SUCKER for vanilla and apple cinnamon!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Stacey said...

I also shopped for candles Labor Day weekend! I cannot have enough candles in my house.

Emily Marie {Isn't That Charming} said...

One of my favorite things about fall are the scents that come with it. Good love candles -- especially candles on a deal!

20 York Street said...

Waah… Fall!

So many things I love about Fall but I despise the cold! But candles.. I love!
 
oxo,
 
ML
TWENTY YORK STREET
Follow @20YS on Twitter : @20YS
Follow @20YS on Facebook: TWENTY YORK STREET
Recent post: http://www.twentyyork.com/2012/09/i-blog-you-vlog.html

Mimi said...

i gotta go to bath and body works stat! ;)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
Mile End Bakery Giveaway: Win a dozen cookies of your choice!
Open internationally: Win a set of temporary tattoos!