September 18, 2012

Makeup Spending Freeze - 2 Month Update

we♥it


It's been roughly 2 months since I bought makeup.
I know. I'm shocked, too. I think the whole still buying nail polish, hair products, etc. is what's kept me from going over the edge. Also, going through my vanity every couple of weeks and pulling things out that I specifically want to use more helps a lot, too. It reminds me to use things I had forgotten about (which was pretty much the whole point) and keeps me from getting bored with not having anything new. What I'm loving is that I'm more focused on what I need to buy (I want to find a new foundation and concealer) and what I don't need (how did I end up with this many eyeliners?).

What makeup are you looking to buy lately?

7 comments:

Josie said...

Katie, look at you go! I'm so proud!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Courtney Erin said...

Wow, nice work! I'm actually really boring with my makeup and almost never buy new stuff aside from what I need - seriously, I own 3 eye shadows, 1 eyeliner, 1 concealer, 2 powders, 4 lip sticks, 2 eyeliners, and 1 mascara. Boring, no?

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Nice work friend.

meghan said...

Nice job! That is impressive. I asked for a little benefit kit for my birthday in two weeks. I don't have any benefit products and there are so many that I've had my eye on. It's a kit from ulta that has a bunch in it. I'll definitely share if I get it.

Closet Fashionista said...

YAY! I'm glad for you, haha. I should do the opposite, I need to experiment more with my look so I need more makeup XD
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Couture Carrie said...

Great job, darling!
I think I need to go on a nail polish spending freeze!

xoxox,
CC

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

Horray for focus–and seriously, where did all those black mascaras come from? I just picked up a high SPF tinted moisturizer, and I was on the hunt for weeks–thank goodness for Nars!