October 16, 2012

Whole 30 - Halfway through



I think the 2nd week of Whole 30 must be when your mentality starts to change. The first week I kept looking at this as something temporary. I'll do this for 30 days - the end. And it's not that I'll be doing this permanently, but I'm certainly not just going to start eating all the crap I was eating before again. One of my main goals now is trying to see if I can figure out what kinds of foods aggravate my Crohn's the most. I don't know that I'll ever figure it out precisely, but having the "baseline" of Whole 30 means I can slowly experiment with adding things in - not all at once - and see what bothers me. The biggest change I've noticed to far is how much better my stomach feels. I'm not having nearly as much trouble with my Crohn's as I was pre-Whole 30. That alone is reason not go back to eating how I was before. Hopefully I can get some answers with this!

7 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Woohooo for your stomach feeling better! My cousin has Crohns too (or ulceratative collitus else, they keep going back and forth..)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Couture Carrie said...

So awesome that you are feeling better!

xoxox,
CC

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

Horray for feeling good–and I'm keeping my fingers crossed booze isn't one of the things that aggravates!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Yay, so glad to hear you're doing well and feeling better :) xoxo

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Go you!

Josie said...

Yay! I'm glad it's working out for you!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Miss Caitlin S. said...

ah! I am rooting for you! I have never experienced a chronic illness like you have (Knock on Wood) and in my ignorance of understanding what that is like alone makes me so empathize with you so much! I love that you are noticing some changes! How exciting. Stomach issues are.the.worse. so I hope, hope, hope you get some answers sooner than later. Keep on trucking Chickadee!