October 23, 2012

Whole 30 - Home Stretch



There is an entire week left, but I feel like we're in the home stretch of Whole 30. We have the meal planning and prep down to the point I feel much more confident about the process. It's becoming a habit to leave the house with water and snacks if we're going to be gone most of the day, so we don't have to scramble to find something Whole 30 compliant. Like I've said before, beyond the first week it really hasn't been that difficult.
So what next?
That's the big question. I've already said I'd like to add things back in gradually to maybe get a better idea of what bothers my Crohn's. But then what? I certainly don't want to go back to eating whatever, and I know Jared doesn't either. I think the overall goal is to make sure we're eating better, good quality, organic food whenever possible. But that's pretty vague, and I don't usually do well with vague.

Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Miss Caitlin S. said...

I'm proud of you!!!! Nice job on planning ahead- that takes a lot of effort, more than it thinks. I'm not sure what would work best and I don't feel qualified to answer! Hmm... I personally would stick with it Monday-Friday and then eat a bit more normally on the weekend. But I dont know if that helps with your Crohn's.

Josie said...

That's awesome, Katie! I can't wait to hear what your next steps are.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Woohoo, so proud of you! As for suggestions, I'm not sure...haha...I've never been good with eating healthy. :/
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

this free bird said...

This is RAD!! I say focus on eating healthy, buying organic, supporting sustainability. Avoid those friggin GMO's. I watched Dr. Oz's special and it was like having the blinders ripped off. I avoid corn, sugar beets and anything with soybeans bc if it's genetically modified it's effing us up big time. The rise of IBS, Crohns, Celiac, allergies, tumors, etc--all correspond to the increase of food being genetically modified. We have to look out for purselves!

*steps off soapbox