November 20, 2012

Whole 30 - What now?



Several people were curious how reintroduction went when we finished Whole 30 and what our conclusions were. Bottom line - we both feel a lot better when we're eating a primarily Paleo diet. There's nothing we cut out that has been added back nearly to the limit it was in our diet before. Sugar is extremely rare for me now, dairy has been way modified (almond milk, clarified butter, etc.), and I'm being very selective about grains (especially corn - that one might be gone) since that seems to be a problem for my stomach. 
This has been extremely eye opening. You really can change your attitude and outlook towards food in a month - something I would have never believed was possible. It's crazy how much better I feel and how much I don't want the things I had before. Again, never would have thought that could happen in a month. We'll probably do Whole 30 every few months to stay on track, and then stay most Paleo like we are now the rest of the time. If you haven't done Whole 30 it is absolutely worth giving it a try!

Enter the Shopbop $100 Gift Card giveaway!

5 comments:

Josie said...

Katie, I'm SO glad you're feeling better!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Yay! I'm glad it worked out so well! Unfortunately I would never survive the challenge, ha ha...
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

The results and discoveries you make during Whole30 really ARE amazing! So glad you found it worthwhile. Good for you!

And yeah, corn is gone from my diet. Mostly because your body doesn't even digest corn properly, and if it's not organic, then there's REALLY a problem. Corn and soy are Monsanto's greatest products (and profits) in terms of GMOs. I refuse to support Monsanto or pollute my body with their genetically modified food.

Couture Carrie said...

Great job!

xoxox,
CC

Ashley said...

Congrats on completing the challenge, your results are so inspiring! I'd love to try something like this, even though I fear I would drop out after a day or so, lol!


-Ashley
http://www.breakfastatsaks.com