February 18, 2013

Little Indulgences

The first couple of months of the year have never been my favorite. It's cold and dreary, the holidays are over, I have insurance to deal with on an almost daily basis - it's just not the best time. However, I've noticed lately that I'm appreciating little things here and there and those are making a big difference in my overall mood. 

Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo
I re-purchased this because it's a great clarifying shampoo and I was in need of that. I'd forgotten how amazing it smells and feels, though. It's like a mini spa treatment in the shower.


New candles
The lovely Elle from Elle Sees asked me on Twitter about what candles I'm using and loving right now. I just started burning my newest Rewined candle in Pinot Noir. My latest Bath and Body works haul had a Pink Sangria and Lemon candle and I can't wait to use those. Pink Sangria was a repurchase that I loved from last year. Lemon is new but I can't imagine not loving it as well. Having a couple of candles burning around the house at night is such a simple thing but it always makes me feel good.


Sex & the City: The Complete Series
An oldie but a goodie. I've started popping one of these discs in at night and watching a few episodes before I go to bed and I have to say - it's as good as ever. Or maybe when you've watched something 1000 times it's just comforting. Either way, I'll take it. 

Other things I'm looking forward to - diving into my March magazines (next best magazine month after September), taking a few days for a much needed getaway this week, making an appointment to get my hair cut and colored (once I figure out exactly what I want to do).

What are your latest indulgences? 

11 comments:

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

I love that shampoo. So yummy.

Josie said...

I couldn't agree more -- it's the little things that get me through rough winter days. Of course, mine tend to be comprised of sugar and butter -- it's a problem.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Couture Carrie said...

Awesome post!
Love SATC!

xoxox,
CC

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh, that shampoo sounds amazing! I may have to try it when mine run out! And yay for SatC, I've been watching on Fridays while I work from home :)
As for my indulgences...hmmm....I have no idea, at the moment I don't have time for much except work and sleep
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Oh, My Darling said...

Rosemary mint is a blissful scent!

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

Love, love, love these goodies! I've been addicted to a new tobacco candle from Malin+Goetz, and Gilmore Girls!

Jessica said...

I purchased that candle for my friend for Christmas in merlot. They're adorable and smell great!

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Where did you get Rewind? I am totally intrigued by that and your pink sangria scent!
It is all about the little things!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Elle Sees said...

you've sold me on those candles!!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I love rewatching my SATC dvds over and over and over again!

kirstyb said...

loooove sex and the city - hope you're well x